Drain water lines

unitedman

Is there any other way to drain the water lines besides blowing air thru them? Is there a low point that you can drain the water lines? How do you drain the sewer flush? We will need to winterize our Big Horn shortly.

K

Ken Washington

Hi Unitedman,
If your Big Horn is like all other Landmark products, there is no low point to drain lines. Also I don't think you have to worry about the sewer flush. There has been some discussion about this on this fourm. Just pump antifreeze through the lines using your pump and don't forget the tolet and the cleaning hoses that you clean it with. I did this one time and it cost me! It will take about three gallons to winterize your unit.

Scott

Bighorn Low Point

Out of the gate, every Landmark and Bighorn only had the automatic tank drain systems. This is a popular design on newer motorhomes and we were one of the first to offer it in a towable.
Then, in response to customer requests, we eventually added manual low point drains on the coaches as well (approx. one year ago).

ST

ChopperBill

Going to stick my nose in here. I looked at one today and it seemed to be under the left side of the coach about a foot in and about even with the all the hook ups. That is in fact if was a water drain. If it wasn't I don't know what else it would be.

svd

When we picked ours up they told us the two valves in the docking station were the drain valves. There is also a hose and valve that hangs just below the under belly covering that is supposed to be the fresh water tank drain.

svd

They told me when the valves were in the horizontal position they were closed, and vertical allowed them to drain. I think they drain from a hose that sticks below the undercovering just to the rear of the docking station. Don't know for sure, it is just what the dealer told me. Someone else may have experience.

Cooper

I do not think they or in the Docking Station. I have a Gloden Gate and the Big Horn should be the same. Mine are in the storage compartment on the non-curb side.

Scott

BH Water Valves

In the original design for the Bighorn (since changed) - there were two valves located in the universal docking center. The purpose of these valves was to adjust the setting for using the water pump to drain the fresh water tank, similar to the Landmark power tank drain system.

In order to power drain the BH fresh water tank, you would turn the valve on the left from a vertial position (normal operation) to a horizontal position (for draining).
You would also turn the valve on the right from from a horizontal position (normal position) to a vertical position (for draining).
In this position (left horizontal/right vertical) you would turn on the water pump and it would begin to drain your fresh water tank.

When not draining the tank, the normal position of the two valves is (Left Vertical/Right Horizontal).

ST

svd

Scott,
Thanks, that is helpful for me since I do have those 2 valves in my docking station. More toward the center of the trailer I have a tube that hangs down with a valve connected to it. I was told that valve would drain the fresh water tank. What does that valve really do then? Thanks for answering these questions, I just don't want to make a mistake the first time we are out in this trailer, or during winterization.
Steve

Scott

Extra Valve

Sounds like you have one where you have both designs (a power tank drain AND a manual tank drain). This is what we were doing in the interim, when we were deciding on whether or not to keep the power tank drain - or just go with the manual drain only.
You got the best of both worlds, as that drain under the coach that you mentioned is indeed a manual (gravity) drain.

ST