Pin Box Fairing????

boatdoc

Hi Everybody and hope your Holidays were good to you!!! The wife and I just hooked up the Horn to our new Dodge 3500 Dually and took it for a spin. WOW what a diff in the way everything works compared to the old Ford 350. The dually seems a lot more stable and the torque of the Cummins is certainly diiferent than the Ford, not putting down the Ford, just different.
Now to the question, Upon getting back and into the driveway to do our backup routine, Diana started pitching a fit in the side PS mirror:eek:. It seems I darn near got the pin box fairing, that's what I call it, you know the 2009 pin box make it look pretty, ABS plastic thing, into the side bed of the truck, but didn't. That would have Pi$$ed me off. I was no where near, I would guess 60 degrees, the 90 degree deal Heartland speaks of.
I looked into the Fairing and it seems to hang down quite a bit lower than the actual pinbox so I'm wondering if I should do a little whitling on it so it goes over the top of the bedrail.
Anybody else have this happen????
Thanks, G & D

jimtoo

Yep, saw it happen at my dealer. It seams as thou it is a little larger than needed. I watched as the techs just trimmed the bottom side to give clearance. Looked good and did not drag any on bed any more.

Jim M

jnbhobe

Boatdoc;just a thought check to see that your rig is level, you may just have to move your hitch up.Or maybe your pin box down but that would be a lot of work because of the fairing. Just my Two Cents Worth! JON :D :D

sleeps2

Dave and Julia
Guess that is something we will have to look in to when we pick up our '09 Big Horn. It's at the dealer in IL while we sit warm and comfortable in South TX.

jcd8822

Joseph
I had one added to my 2006 Bighorn while in Elkhart last October. It fits perfectly with the lip of the pin box about a quarter of an inch below it.