Bathroom Doors on the Augusta

netters1

I would like to see a standard wood door with glass inserts instead of pocket doors on the bathroom doors. We spend a lot of money for these rigs and nice looking doors would make them look better than just plain pocket doors...anyone else feel the same as I do?;)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
netters1, first off, congrats on your new Landmark. Very nice coach. Given that you paid a lot of money, you may have paid a little more to have all the things that everybody would like to see built into them. Many of us here have done some modifications. You might want to check with a finish carpenter to see if the doors you want could be custom made. Your door idea sounds like it would look real nice. When people do these "mods", they kind of make the coach their own. Hope you enjoy your new Landmark as much as we enjoy our Bighorn.
Peace
Dave

netters1

Cookie, We had our dealer call Heartland and ask if it was possible to have regular doors put on the bathroom and he was told NO. I just assumed that it could be done as a custom order, but I guess not. We did have a regular wood door with the glass insert put on the bedroom instead of that accordian door. If anyone has had this done before, let me know so that we can try another route to get this. Thanks

kkamshop

Those doors have a "solid" feel to them, so it may be possible to add glass inserts, but why do you want windows into the bathroom, LOL ?

We will probably never use the acordian door and we might just take it out, but a real door there would narrow the hallway a lot when it was open, wouldn't it?

We just took delivery of our Landmark and haven't even slept in it yet, so I'm just imagining the mods you are making.

Keep the ideas coming!

seabee

Doors

;)I plan on putting a door where the folding door is on our 3670RL.
And you can put a window in a hollow core door.
This spring I will be doing just that and when I do I will post pic's.None

netters1

We ordered the wood door for the bedroom..They said that will be a standard option on the new 2010 Landmarks. We wanted the doors on the bathroom like the ones on the Pinehurst with the etched glass inserts with the shades on them. They jus look nicer.:D

beardedone

Beardedone
We have an 09 Augusta and the one thing we immediately thought was a waste was the 2 door system into the bathroom. We would really liked to have had a solid wall next to the bedroom and a real door from the hallway into the bedroom. We dislike those accordian doors. That was it would be more practicable for such things as hanging towel bars or clothes hook as well as space for electrical outlets. If anyone does some mods along those lines I would like to see them.

jbeletti

We have an 09 Augusta and the one thing we immediately thought was a waste was the 2 door system into the bathroom. We would really liked to have had a solid wall next to the bedroom and a real door from the hallway into the bedroom...

Many people like the dual entry. I would not prefer it. As a special order request, time allowing, the factory has made a few with a solid wall on the BR side.

...We dislike those accordian doors...

All Landmarks are now made with a hard door. All Bighorns with side-aisles are now made with a hard door.

Jim

Delaine and Lindy

Well Jim, I must say Heartland does listen. Delaine made suggestion about the doors and the extra door move to the hall way when we had the Landmark (Augusta) the Landmark is a nice coach but the doors were a major disppointment for us. Glad the 2010's have upgraded the doors. GBY......