Considering a 31QBS North Trail TT

Texas7

Hello. My wife and I have 5 children, including a 5 month old, and so sleeping arrangements are a big issue for us. The 31QBS looks like it may fit the bill well for us. We will be towing with a 2006 1/2 ton Suburban. One question I have - does the 2nd booth dinette beneath the overhead bunk convert into a bed, as the main dinette does? It would work better for us if it did. Thanks!

Larry

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Larry, Welcome to the Heartland Forum. I don't have the knowledge to answer your question but I have seen a few Northtrails and they are a fine looking Trailer. I'm sure you'll hear from an owner with the info you need.

irvin56

Yes it does

We own one and it does go down.

You can sleep at least 10 people in the unit. 4 bunks -2 couch-2 dinette-
2 front bed.

I have a 2000 silverado ext cab with a 4.8 liter, 3.73 gears, tow/haul mode and I am maxed with weight for truck. But it pulls it okay.

Should have a 10,000 lb wdh setup and diffinatly need a sway control.

We like the unit very much and spent 35 days total in it. pulls okay

Check with chevy and find out what your gross combined gvwr is
Mine is 12,000. I'm at 12,600 lbs loaded to camp.
Can e-mail gmc canada and give them you vin for truck and they will let you know what the CGVWR (exacte weight) of unit is.

the 31qbs dry weight is around 5,900 lbs with propane tanks full and battery.
you will be surprised how much extra weight you pack with all the extra kids stuff in to trailer.
Man I did and I don't have that many Grandkids

I would want a 5.7 or higher to any major pulling or long hauls.
I will be upgrading to a 3/4 ton in about 4 years, before I hit the road full time

The north trail 31QBS bunk dinette does lay down into a second bed. This floorplan is capable of sleeping an army without being 10,000lbs. Where are you looking at them at?

osims

bsims
Texas 7
Our son and daughter in law bought a 31qbs and love it. The table in the bunkroom does fold down to make a bed. He started out pulling with a Nissian Titan, but was not happy so he bought a 3/4 ton Dodge deisel, now all is good. I see you are also from Texas, he made a good deal at Camping World in Katy even with a dealer about 20 miles from us he saved by going to Houston. Hope you enjoy yours as much as they do there's.
Bill