Palm Springs Area

We are planning a trip to southern California in December and would like to stay in the Palm Springs area..we think! Anyone have any favorite parks to share? We are currently looking at one called The Sands RV Resort at Desert Hot Springs.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
don't know the Sandsin peticular. The Desert Hotsprings area is quite nice. North of Palm Springs about 10 miles. The weather there is possibly a slight bit cooler then Palm Springs. It has more wind there, due to being in line with the pass to the west. Just look at the wind farms.
We have stayed in D H though and enjoyed it. There are a number of campgrounds in the area.
Good luck and have fun

sharmulst

We spent 2 weeks at Indian Waters in Indio, CA. It is a very nice park, however, it is a membership park that is owned by Western Horizon's. They usually have a special of some kind if you are willing to listen to their speech.
There are a lot of nice parks in the area.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
We stayed at Emerald Desert in Palm Desert--very nice park and you can pick the oranges and grapefruits from the trees.

Many thanks for your info and advice so far. Sailorand tuned me into the wind issue north of I-10. When I asked the gal at Sands about the wind there she admitted it can get pretty windy and is indeed less so, south of I-10. We are now looking at Indian Wells RV Resort. Anyone stayed there?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have stayed at both Indio (south of I10) and Desert Hot Springs twice (north of I10). We enjoyed both areas. We did stay there in November and March and did not find the wind to be a problem either time. There are a number of RV parks in both areas. We have stayed at Desert Hot Pools-a Western Horizon Park, Catalina Springs-a Coast to Coast Park, and Indio-Western Horizon Park. Desert Hot Pools has 3 hot tubs, each a different temperature and a heated swimming pool. They do honor Coast to Coast and RPI.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I just remembered. Not too far south of Indio is the Salton Sea. There is a nice state park there (can't remember the name) that has RV hookups. We drove through the parks but did not stay there.

sandman

Palm Springs

:DHey guys just wanted to say hello and tell you that i work in palm springs and live just a few miles away so you have to watch desert hot springs the wind blows alot but there is alot of nice parks in the area. we love to go down by the salton sea to borregosprings, the springs at borrego .com one of the best parks i ever been to its about an hour and a half past plam springs not for lots to do so take care.

MARTY & THERESA

Thanks for your perspective. Coming from the area..I would guess you know what you're talking about. We have booked into a park at Indian Wells. Hope that works for us. Very much looking forward to being there for the month of December!