Ice Maker winterizing.

fvanassen

I recently took delivery of my new Landmark Augusta with ice maker. It's winterized from the factory. Does anyone have tips on winterizing the unit for next year? Unfortunately I will still be in Michigan and desperately need winterizing next year.

None

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There are several links on this Forum about winterizing steps for your unit. Check you owners manual and it will tell you how also. You dealer is also a good resource. We are lucky as we are able to use ours year round and all I do is drain the tanks to prevent freezing. Go to the search link and do a search for winterizing and ice maker and you will find many links to it.

jbeletti

fvanassen,

As Jim G states, the Dometic manual for the refer is your most valid source of information on this.

Conventional wisdom would be to push RV antifreeze through the supply line, solenoid and into the ice maker.

However, from a practical perspective from those who have "been there - done that", using compressed air is what I feel is an easier method, cleaner and tastier method, if you are so equipped (air compressor and adapters) and inclined.

Both mrcomer (Mark) and myself winterized our ice makers this year using compressed air. I'll know in a month how well I did as I plan to hit the road in February.

On using air, in essence, you disconnect the ice maker supply line (1/4" compression fitting) where it Tees into a main cold water line. Then using a few adapters, connect a dialed down compressor to your ice maker supply line. Remove the square face plate from the ice maker and turn the gear that makes the maker call for water and an ice harvest cycle. Do this several times until air spits out of the ice maker.

Jim