6000 mile trip towing Bighorn...

caokgafamily

:)We are heading out this May 29th apx for a 6000 mile round trip from Ga to Ca. We have made this trip 2 times in the past pulling a 30' trail cruiser trailer and a 32' Cardinal fifth wheel. We are pulling a 07 3400rl BigHorn. We love our Bighorn and have been on about 25 trips over 2500 miles in Ga over the last 2 years. We have orig Load Star tires, no probs yet. My questions are? what would you do to get ready for a trip like this ? I have a 60 gal aux tank and love to drive. 2 adults, 2 kids & 1 60lb lab.

Thanks for the input...

Steve

jnbhobe

Besides the normal check out things make sure the tires look good and are pumped up to the max air presure. Also I would hand pack the wheel bearings and adjust the brakes. After that check that all the bolts and screws are tight. Then go have FUN !!! Jon :D :D :D

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
when we head south from BC, we will pull for 5000 miles round trip. Just check everything, tires, bearings, tighten things up and check things on the road when we stop. Don't carry extra fuel as that adds weight and costs more money to haul, plus you need to get out and stretch at least every hour.
Enjoy the trip and make sure you stop in Quartzsite for a day or 2

vangoes

I currently have 12,000+ mi. on my Load Stars...............still look good. Tempting fate??? Who knows.