Best awning lights?

caokgafamily

Does anybody have any input on what are the best awning lights? I have owned alot of them. My Dw bought these stupid latern lights, 2 strands not long enough. We saw some LED ? they looked pretty cool. I don't like the big ball lights. Something original with some light at night.

jnbhobe

Lights``

I use rope lights from camping world . They go in the awning rail with plastic sleves they come with white lights but you can use any color, If there's bugs I use yellow. JON ;) ;) ;)

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Lights

After a bad experience with a thunder storm, and not being able to put the awning up quickly, we don't put them on the awning anymore. We lay the rope lights, red white and blue, on the ground, encircling our BH. Ever since we started doing this about two years ago, more and more people are doing it now. COPY CATS!!! It really lights up the area well.

Personal preference.;)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I like the rope lights also. I use the fabric thingamajigs that slide into the awning tube and wire ties to attach the rope light to the fabric grommets. That way they stay put on the rope and are easy to get on and off the awning.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We use the big bulb lights that you don't like. Red white and blue on and around patriotic holidays and multicolor at other times. I use very low wattage bulbs so the "BIG BULBS" are dim and don't glow. They are held up by a pair of small S-hooks I think that if I had to get them down quickly it would be a lot less time than getting the de-flappers off the awning. So in amswer to your question as to "what are the best awning lights". The best awning lights are what ever you like be something origional or a copy. Good luck on your quest. Keep us posted on your choice
Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Rope lites from Wal-mart after Christmas sales and they have the hooks also. Cheaper than C.W. Bob:D

jtcfishing

Hello we use the rope lites on the ground also,lots of colors to chose from.The best price on these lights is big lots stores,don't know if they have them in your area but if you are traveling keep your eyes open for one it will save you lots of bucks! I use spikes for tent hold downs to keep them in place and stright.