Water in middle of basement??

Greselda

We have a Sundance 265rk xlt, and we have water coming from somewhere into the middle of our basement.....question is, where is it coming from??

My DH has checked all the pipes that can be seen, and I guess he will be checking those under the basement carpeting next. We are looking at the shower pipes or the bathroom sink pipes.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of leak and if so, what did you do to stop it??

As we are currently on the road for the next three months, anything that someone can tell us would be greatly appreciated right now.

Thanks......
Richard and Janine

beardedone

Beardedone
I have a Landmark so I don't know if you have the same type of utility compartment on your unit however when I found water like you have it was traced to the city water connection. It was leaking a small amount on the inside of the compartment and running down the water line to a low spot and then dripping on the floor and running to the storage compartment. Connection device was replaced and all is well.

Rmcgrath53

leak

Hello ,I have had two issues with water like that . One was the fitting on the hot water tank was loose from the factory. the other was a leak at the outside shower hose that broke twice. So I upgraded the outside shower to one that didnt have a cheap fitting from the hose to the shower manifold. You have to stick your head into the cabinet at sink to see the leak.
Ron

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Our leak in the Big Horn was exactly like Ron's. Our's didn't leak at first, but after dragging it around the country for a year we had some water in the compartment. You'll probably have to remove the plumbing access panel in the compartment which is 4 screws. Get a good shop light and you should be able to see the drips.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We had small leak at HW fitting, removed access panel at steps on 3200ES and tightened up fitting and no more leak.

Rickhansen

We recently had a problem where our black-water flush hose connection was leaking inside the UDC. The water ran down the UDC panel, made its' way through the other valves and fittings behind the wall. Gravity played its role and it ended up in the basement floor. A new washer for the flush connection solved the leak, and a small tube of silicone sealer sealed the penetrations through the UDC.

creeper

Same leak here, it's from the back of the fresh water connection. OR at least ours was.

newman

Our leak was in the shower valve which caused excess pressure and leaking at a fitting. I took all kinds of things apart to find it, but it took the techs at the dealer to find it and fix it. Its all good now!

Greselda

Wow, thanks to everyone for all the wonderful and helpful replies:p

We took Beardedone's advice as he replied first, and looked at the outside clean water connection and found the leak.....yippee!!

We will keep an eye on it from now on. My DH was thinking of putting a small hole in the bottom of the UDC, attaching a small drip hose and if it leaks at least it will have a better place to go other than our basement;)

Again, I cannot thank the great Heartland family here on this forum.....all of you are a terrific bunch:D

Warmly,
Richard and Janine