Receiver hitch

ChopperBill

Can you add a receiver to the rear of the 3055RL? I don't see it in the option list. I ran into this with Alumascape. Dealer wanted $1200-$1500 to install one! Most factory's have it as an option for around $200.

ChopperBill

New to the forum and posted this in another place. It looks like it would be more applicable here.
Can you add a receiver to the rear of the 3055RL? We have a light aluminum ATV trailer that weighs less than 2000 #s loaded we need to take to our destinations. I don't see it in the option list. I ran into this with Alumascape. Dealer wanted $1200-$1500 to install one! Most factory's have it as an option for around $200.
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Scott

Hitch

I'm not sure where on this forum, but I know there are more threads that talk about it. In essence, here is where we are at: Heartland does not add such hitches on, but dealer will. If you happen to cause any damage to your fifth wheel as a result of the added hitch (i.e. twisting the frame) it would not be covered under that warranty.
That being said, we have a number of Heartland owners who have chosen to add hitches to their fifth wheels and they seem to be using them very carefully and without problems.

ST

ChopperBill

Scott: Thanks for the quick come back! Our little ole ATV trailer should be no problem on the Bighorn but kind of worry about taking the bottom off to get at it.
Its nice to be able to communicate with the manufactures on these forums! I am a moderator on the NATCOA forum. North American Truck Camper Owners Association. We also allow manufactures and dealers to participate. The wealth of knowledge they have is unbelievable!
Some how I think another 3055RL order will be on your desk because of the communication with the factory factor. Oh! And maybe because my wife LOVES the BH!

Scott

Bighorn

Thanks. We do our best. By the way, that 3055 is a really popular son-of-a-gun! I sat in one at the Detroit show a couple of weeks ago and it was literatlly packed for most of the show. People just love that floorplan in the Bighorn. For it's relatively smaller size, it really feels like four completely separate living areas (kitchen/dining; living; bath; and bedroom).

As far as "taking off the bottom", it really is not that difficult. The black corregated underbelly materials just sits inside the two I-beams that form the main rails of the frame. It is screwed into place and sealed over in certain areas. It is not much at all to take it down in places where you want accesss to the steel crossmembers.

Hope to earn your business someday.

ST