First Bighorn Trip

fishinrvr

In mid-December we traded in the travel trailer and upgraded to a 2009 Bighorn 3055RL. Being my first 5th wheel and also somewhat new to the RV scene I was a little nervous about the operations. On December 26th we headed south into northern California's Wine Country to get out of the ungodly cold spell that reached down into Portland. I de-winterized the Bighorn to make sure everything was working properly (I think it was 22 degrees outside) then we waited for a break in the weather and hit the road. All in all, we were gone for 10 days and traveled 1,600 miles with no problems...just a couple of little things that need to be fine tuned. We had an incredible time! We were very impressed with the Bighorn. It's very easy to tow, level, etc. Our only regret is that we didn't allow enough time to be gone.

I look forward to swapping stories and information with you all.

jimtoo

Hi fishinrvr,

Welcome to the Heartland Forum and Family. Great to hear that you had an almost trouble free trip and hope you have many more.

This is the place for friendship, information and help. We also have a Heartland Owners Club and there are getting to be quite a few local area rallies and gatherings. We will also be having National Rally in June in Goshen, Ind.

Again, welcome and enjoy.

Jim M

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Here is a public welcome to the forum! I just sent you a PM with information on the rally in Oregon this June. We hope you can make it to our first annual rally. We have lots of CA people coming up to show us how its done! We even have people from BC coming down to join us, a couple from NV will be here, and many more from OR, WA, ID and CA are checking into their schedules.
Kristy

PS Just in case anyone who hasn't registered on the forum from Oregon, or anywhere else for that matter, is reading this, here is a link to the Oregon rally information.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Devon, Welcome to the Heartland family and Forum. Glad to hear your first trip went well. Sometimes folks get soured on the first trip and it can ruin a trip as well. Explore the forum as there is plenty to learn. Ask any questions you need and travel safe.

fishinrvr

Thanks for the warm welcome. I inserted a couple of pics from the trip.

Attachments

• PC300105.jpg
    PC300105.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 41
  • big horn.jpg
    big horn.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 47
Road Trip

'Glad to hear your trip was so good. We took the mother of all road trips last July. We went out to San Diego from our home in Southeast Texas for the birth of our first grandchild. We towed our BH 3670 and it was flawless. We shared the rig with our son's in-laws and they split expenses with us. We were gone for 36 days and drove a total of 5400 miles. After the trip we were all still friends which is a testament to the livability of the BH. Not counting food the trip cost the 4 of us about $120.00 per day. 'Not bad.
I wrote an article on this trip & you can find it at www,thisoldcampsite.com . The article won't bore you with what we saw & did, but instead it tells how to make a big trip like this afordable. Enjot the article & let me know what you think.