PDA

View Full Version : Water Pressure Regulator/Gauge

Two Hands
01-05-2009, 07:02 PM
About two years ago I bought a water pressure regulator/gauge (not the adjustable one) from Camping World. A few months ago I dropped it on cement and it quit working. I bought another from Camping World and it just quit working, and, no, I didn't drop it this time. Anyone have any suggestions on where I might find a more reliable and sturdy gauge?

Pulltab
01-05-2009, 07:20 PM
You can probably get a replacement gage from an auto store. It is nothing more than a pressure gage, just make sure you get the pressure range you want. Might try NAPA or do an online search for one. Be prepared to pay as much for the a good gage as the whole regulator gage combo cost you though.,

cookie
01-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Two Hands, you did not say if your regulator was plastic or brass. The plastic ones are junk basically. Here is a link (http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/PressureRegulators.htm) that you might find useful.
Peace
Dave

ct0218
01-05-2009, 08:24 PM
I have used a residential type regulator for years. I have it it the UDC to reduce the theft, and it is adapted to fit the hoses with a standard hose thread/MIP adapter. I run a short 2 ft hose from the regulator to the city water connection. It is adjustable, and is constant with no variation in pressure. I've seen them priced from about $25 to $40, plus the adapters.

TXBobcat
01-05-2009, 09:02 PM
We have had some discussion about this subject in other threads. This one might be of interest to you.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=7015

Hope this is of some help to you.

phoenix50
01-28-2009, 03:32 PM
I have a Sears single home filter, clear case, that I cover to keep out the sunlight. It worked great on my TT and hope it will do the same on my 5er. Is it necessary to have 2 filters?

SmokeyBare
01-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Phoneix50,

Some put two on... some use one.

I have 2 filters.... one carbon for taste the other for sediment. I put a tee fitting on the input side with a water valve so I can attach a hose which I can use to wash the RV... or other uses. I don't feel I need filtered water to do those tasks.