Water Pressure Regulator/Gauge

Two Hands

About two years ago I bought a water pressure regulator/gauge (not the adjustable one) from Camping World. A few months ago I dropped it on cement and it quit working. I bought another from Camping World and it just quit working, and, no, I didn't drop it this time. Anyone have any suggestions on where I might find a more reliable and sturdy gauge?

Pulltab

You can probably get a replacement gage from an auto store. It is nothing more than a pressure gage, just make sure you get the pressure range you want. Might try NAPA or do an online search for one. Be prepared to pay as much for the a good gage as the whole regulator gage combo cost you though.,

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Two Hands, you did not say if your regulator was plastic or brass. The plastic ones are junk basically. Here is a link that you might find useful.
Peace
Dave

ct0218

I have used a residential type regulator for years. I have it it the UDC to reduce the theft, and it is adapted to fit the hoses with a standard hose thread/MIP adapter. I run a short 2 ft hose from the regulator to the city water connection. It is adjustable, and is constant with no variation in pressure. I've seen them priced from about $25 to $40, plus the adapters.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We have had some discussion about this subject in other threads. This one might be of interest to you.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=7015

Hope this is of some help to you.

phoenix50

I have a Sears single home filter, clear case, that I cover to keep out the sunlight. It worked great on my TT and hope it will do the same on my 5er. Is it necessary to have 2 filters?

SmokeyBare

Phoneix50,

Some put two on... some use one.

I have 2 filters.... one carbon for taste the other for sediment. I put a tee fitting on the input side with a water valve so I can attach a hose which I can use to wash the RV... or other uses. I don't feel I need filtered water to do those tasks.