North Trail 28bh 5ver

dakotakid

The wife and I are looking at a 2009 28bh to replace our 24ft TT. Im wanting to know if there is anyboby else on here with one? How do you like it, does it pull well, build quality? We have a 2004 2500 Dodge with the hemi and 3.73 gears. We live in Kansas so not a lot of big hills but we do hav hills and lots of wind. We will be doing nascar race weekends and lake weekends. Are the tanks big enough for 2-4 people if we have to boondock? If you can thank of anything else we need to know, we are all ears. Thanks for your time.:)

DntDctr

Hey Dakotakid,
We just got, 2.mths ago, the twin in the Sundance line. 285bh. It's our first 5er and I can tell you we really like it. So far we've only pulled it 100 miles to home. It seems to be very well built for a lightweight. I pull with a F250 deisel. You should have no problem with the Dodge 2500. They say they're built for 1/2 ton trucks but there's no way i'd want to pull one of these with a 1/2 ton.
The grey tanks are 40 for sink, and 40 for shower. You'd have to conserve on the shower end, but should be okay. The black tank is also 40 and if you fill that in a weekend, you're eating and drinking way too much stuff.
We haven't camped in it yet but we're both chomping at the bit to get one under our belt. I think you'll like the 28 bh. It's not huge , but then again it goes down the road like a 25' TT.
Paul

TTrox

26rk

Dakotakid,

Have a 26RK 5ver since Aug 08 and love it, this is my 2nd 5ver. No long trips yet, but 4 days in RMNP, 7 days in Taos, NM gave it a good wring-out. No real problems just little quirks, trying to figure out if I should believe H2O/Btry monitor system, etc. Significant other loves 1/2 time oven but you have to have ac power to use it. Wish it had a top vent in the kitchen area, power cord would not fit easily into storage space so I put on a Marinco kit so I can stow cord in front. Will add solar panel to maintain batteries and a Maxxair fan before heading to CA in Feb. Pulls great behind my F250 V10.

TTrox

dakotakid

Wow DntDtcr, you are the only one on here with a 285bh/28bh. I have looked at the 26rk TTrox and it is still on my list. There is a big RV show this weekend close, the DW ad I are going to go and see whats there and if they are willing to make good deals. Thanks for the info and I hope to be a new Heartland owner soon.

dakotakid

Well nothing at the show. McClains rv has one in TX. Has anybody delt with them? How are they? As soon as i sale my TT I will buy one and hope to become part of the Heartland family.