Suburban furnaces

jtcfishing

Has anyone noticed cold air coming in the ducts when the wind is blowing? We are in Kansas City and when the cold wind blows it is coming in the floor ducts! The furnaces works fine but isnt there a flap that closes while not running?:confused:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I haven't experienced that. I just wish I could take the hot air that blows out the side when the furnace is running and make it come inside. Then the furnace would have more hot air blowing inside.

moose1

I believe the hot air coming out the the side of your camper is exaust air from the propane being burn, I don't think that would be a good idea to bring that in you camper.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I don't use my furnace very often. One thing I found out is that cold air comes "in" the return air by the steps when the furnace is not running. I covered it up with some heavy paper. May make a cover for it later on.

Pulltab

No I don't believe there is any flap. Cold air is probably getting in from the bottom as it is not completely sealed, then comes up into the basement and into your coach. That would be my guess anyway, I know whenever we run the fantastic fan if we dont crack a window the furnace vent is were the air is pulled from which is basically the basement. If you are literally getting cold air thru your heat ducts you have leak. Do you get good flow of heat when the furnace runs?

jtcfishing

I called suburban they put on one of there techs on the phone.He ask some of the same questions as you guys and the fix was the outside door has a seal that was not doing it's job. Had to remove door and reposition then tighten the screws evenly. Works like a charm!

jbeletti

I called suburban they put on one of there techs on the phone.He ask some of the same questions as you guys and the fix was the outside door has a seal that was not doing it's job. Had to remove door and reposition then tighten the screws evenly. Works like a charm!

Cool! Thanks for the fix John. Maybe someone else can give this one a try and give feedback.

Jim