RV Wax

Dave

Traveling Two
What is the difference between gel coat and fiberglass? Can the same cleaning solutions or finishing/protective wax be used for either surface? Thanks everyone, happy camping and be safe!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Dave, gelcoat has a smooth shiney surface while fiberglass is not as smooth and shiney. You can see the fibers on the surface. I don't see why you couldn't use any wax on either as long as there is a UV protectant in it. I, however, use Meguiar's Glagship Premiun Marine Wax on my gelcoated Bighorn. It is formulated for gelcoat, has UV ray protection and is easy on and easy off. I apply it with an orbital polisher and buff with terry cloth. Hope this is the info you are looking for.

Peace
Dave

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I've had good luck with the 3M Marine wax. Seems to last well and is fairly easy to apply. We've noticed the black streaks and any dirt wipe off a lot easier after waxing.

rjr6150

Started using a product called Rejex this spring goes on easy and comes off the same way. Amazing after using this how easy the bugs are to wash off the front cap