Olevia HDTV

I currently have a 32 inch Olevia 532h HDTV which has quit working unfortunately. Although it is suppose to be under warranty it appears that Heartland has stopped using this brand. I have tried to get some action from Olevia customer service to no avail. The problem is, that after much research I have found that not all flat screen TV's are the same size. None of the TV's currently on the market fit the opening in my Augusta. I don't want the ugly gaps which come with the change to a different/smaller TV. The opening is 34-1/2 by 24-1/2 and 9 inches deep. I am not retired. I live in this unit. Not real handy when it comes to working with wood. Anyone with ideas?

Dragoon

Have you tried calling Heartland? They should still be able to put some pressure on Olevia. There's still a lot of Heartland units with this brand in them, even though they are no longer being used. I would hope Heartland can get it resolved to your satisfaction as you bought the coach from them. At least give them a chance to do so.

SmokeyBare

This has a Post Date of July 8, 2008...

Report from... C-Net.com... News....

They say:

Maker of Olevia LCD TVs files for bankruptcy

Syntax-Brillian, one of several smaller LCD TV makers to use club store sales to do an end-run around the category's traditional leaders, has filed for bankruptcy.
The Tempe, Ariz.-based Olevia television and Vivitar digital camera maker, filed for protection from creditors in a Delaware court following a year of missed sales targets, leadership changes, and accounting problems, according to Reuters.
The company's stock has dropped more than 90 percent in the last year, and its efforts to refinance and raise additional financing were unsuccessful. With just eight employees left at headquarters, it has ceased operations.

Read the complete post at : http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-9985607-92.html

I too have one... but so far it's working well.

Cyclone Traveler

What stop working? I have the 27” united and it also stopped working. In my case I applied a software upgrade which has completely restored operations.

HDMI and tuner have stopped working. When I turn the set on I get a blank screen that shows "no signal". I have the 532h 32 inch unit and according to the website there isn't any firmware updates for that model. Not sure however that I believe that or that I know what I am doing.

Cyclone Traveler

I had the same issue and there is a firmware upgrade which fixes this problem. I have the 227 which requires the same firmware upgrade as the 532. Go to http://www.olevia.com/en-us/Support/Firmware.aspx and enter your FM Number which can be found on the back of the TV in the middle of the TV. Once the number is entered it will start the download of the firmware. You will need a USB memory stick as detailed on the installation instruction also located on the above website. I not sure how your TV is mounted, but you may not be able to get to the FM Number without take the TV down. Let me know if you have to remove dismantle the TV and I can send you the firmware upgrade. You will however have to access the back to insert the USB memory stick. Let me know if I can help.

Dragoon

Have someone help you if you take the TV off the mounting brackets. The unit is very heavy and awkward, once you remove the last screw gravity does its thing in a hurry. That was the only way I could get the numbers required for the update. As Cyclone Traveler stated, the firmware should work on your unit. The USB port is accessible without removing the TV. When you remount the TV (assuming you take it off), watch out for pinching cables, very easy to do so... I speak from experience on all the above, yet, all still works, go figure.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Olevia 32"

We had a couple with a Cardinal pull into the park today. Nice unit but he was having TV issues. He had it on satellite and when trying to switch to cable was having trouble. "NO SIGNAL". After about a half hour trying to figure out the remote and menu maneuvering we got out his internet printed manual and struggled through the instructions to get it to auto scan. We got it to work. BUT I must say this TV has the most user unfriendly remote/menu system I have ever played with. :confused:

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
We got it to work. BUT I must say this TV has the most user unfriendly remote/menu system I have ever played with. :confused:

GASP!!! You don't mean that user interface that appears to be a pepper grinder? I find it to be the most user friendly thing EVAH!!

I shudder everytime I have to use it.

Cyclone Traveler

Not a big suprise they are going out of business. User interface and poor picture quality. Yet, I to cheap to replace with a better unit. LOL

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
My 22" Olevia LCD PC Monitor/TV went dead 2 weeks past warranty. That was around 4 months ago. I hadn't thrown it out yet for some strange reason. Then I read about the flash download available on the Olevia Website. I downloaded it to a flash drive. Hooked up to the TV and lo and behold, I now have a working monitor again! Now I can put the 19" HDTV/DVD combo I was using on the PC in the camper. Sometimes good things come to those who wait. And to think my wife kept asking when I was going to throw away that old monitor!

Just a fast update on the 32 inch Olevia HDTV. There are some super people running around this site. Another owner was nice enough to pull his out and ship it to me here in Texas. He was ready to upgrade to a 1080. Thanks to all who posted and helped me out with this issue.