Cleaning Aluminum Siding

Chris562

I just bought a 2010 North Country and it's the first camper I've had with the aluminum siding. I would like some recommendations on the best cleaner/protector to use on the siding. Is just using a wash-n-wax product like for a car just as good as anything else?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Chris, I have used Zip Wash for quite some time and really like it. Our Bighorn has the filon sides and not the gel coat. It works very well. We use nufinish on teh fiberglass front & rear caps.

Netem

Chris, I've had many rv's with the alum. sides and I washed and hand waxed them just like a car. Be careful around any decals as some say not to get wax on them. If you have painted decals wax them. Its alot of work but will be worth it down the road. When you go camping its not hard to spot the rv's that are not taken care of.
Try to keep your rubber roof clean also as it will help in keeping the sides clean. Hope this helps.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Chris, I use Turtle Wax "ice". It wont stick to decals or any black plastic. You can put it on anything even cars and it will wipe off with no white haze left. It also comes in a liquid form of soap and wax all in one. Bob:D

Chris562

Thanks so much for the responses, it is of great help to me. This is my first brand new camper and want to start off right taking care of it.