First Pa Chapter 2009 Rally

dieselsweetheart

Hello everybody! This is the diesel engineers wife. He said I could log on and say hello...and well...give the "little woman's" opinion. Yes, Hershey Highmeadow is a nice place to stay if you want to see Hershey and surrounding areas. We have stayed there 2 years for the RV show...very convenient to take the shuttle back and forth... but... this campground is 5 mi. from where we live...and I'd really like to...ya know...GO somewhere... but if you are coming to the Hershey RV show in September, that is the place to camp!

We thought we'd take a road trip this w/e to check out the Pine Grove place...and we're also looking at another place, Williamsport KOA. This takes us north up 11/15 instead of up 81. That campground looks like it has great views of the Susquehanna.

Anyway, that's where we're at. Since I am delegated to making all the phone calls, I will let you know what other information I find out. Has anyone stayed at that KOA near Williamsport?

Well since sounds like fun... I am always excited about going camping. Chat with you all soon!

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist

For the out of state folks, everyone is welcome so chime in if you have a enjoyable spot in Pa you like.

;)

Both of these are nice.

ALLEGHENY RIVER CAMPGROUND
Rick & Carolyn Wise & Family
1737 Route 6 West • (mailing Address: P.O. Box 174, Coudersport, Pa 16915)
Roulette, PA 16746-1023
(814) 544-8844 / Fax: (814) 544-7324

http://www.alleghenyrivercampground.com

POCONO VACATION PARK
RR 14, Box 5214 • Shafer School House Road
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
(570) 424-2587 / (570) 476-2932
http://www.poconovacationpark.com/

dieselsweetheart

Please note updated sites and potluck food offerings are on Page #1 of the PA Rally thread. Let me know if you don't see your name/site # as we are still waiting to hear from folks on site #s and food.

Good news everyone! The Pa Chapter has the perfect spot for our rally. Jim and I drove up to the Pine Grove /Twin Grove KOA and (from a woman's perspective) it's lovely! The place looks fairly new... the smell of fresh pine tickled my nose as we went into the reception area! The store is large, full of touristy things and keepsakes. The lady was extremely nice~ She gave us our own little circle of spots that are available in August and Jim and I made the sweep to make sure they looked ok...of course with the snow and ice on the ground it's hard to tell...but using our imaginations they all looked to be good. We picked out and reserved the best of the bunch! The mountains are nearby which will make the campground even prettier in the summer! There is much to do for the kiddies (if you got em)...a nice pool...a little amusement park area...and a restaurant on the premises. I consider myself to be somewhat picky about campsites and this one passed inspection~ There is also going to be live entertainment that Sat...."Blast from the Past" will be the band performing.

So, here's where you all come in. Please give the campground a call no later than March 30th. (She would hold the sites and release them April 1...) so don't delay!!!! Tell her you want one of the HORST sites~ Jim and I will be there on Thurs the 13th (my birthday) so if you want to make it a 3 day w/e, just ask the lady.

As I said, the sites are in a nice loop and a few butt up near the woods and the stream...all full hook-ups with cable too.

Here is the phone # ...717-865-4602 or 1-800-562-5471

Let us know when you have secured your spot!!!

It's going to be a fun time!!!!:)

Cheryl and Jim

Last edited:

Chickie

Sounds Great

We are new (today) as club members. We would like to attend the Rally. We live in Chambersburg. Thank you for hosting the first Rally. Please let us know how we can help. Thank you.

dieselsweetheart

Hi Chickie! Welcome to the club! We'd love to have you at our rally!!! Stay in touch and be sure to call the KOA for your reservation! Happy to have you!:)

jnbhobe

PA Rally

Cheryl & Jim; Patti & I sould be able to make it to Pine Grove in august. We will try to leave on wednesday night and get there thursday. I will call for reservations the first of the week, I want to double check the office calender. I also have to figure out the best route from Erie. Please let us know what we can do to help !! Also is the rally going to be Heartland owners only ? Cheryl,check the recipe section of the forum,the recipe is there for the cheesy potatoes we made at the Branson and Michigan rallys. Patti & Jon :cool: :cool: :cool:

dieselsweetheart

Hi Patti and John!

We have reserved a doz. sites and I think that might be enough for all of us...but there are other sites that were also available around ours... we would love to have anybody who wants to join us~ so your friends are more than welcome! The more, the merrier! Happy to hear from you, and we will be there Thursday if you decide to come then! :)

Cheryl

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
Hi Cheryl and Jim

We booked at Pine Grove several weeks ago for this weekend. Are you in the P and Q section of the campground ? Just looked at there new web page and there adding a lot of new camp site. I will call to see if we can move to the rally section. Let us know if we can help

The picture by are user name was taken at Pine Grove several years ago

Wayne

dieselsweetheart

Hi Wayne,

that's exactly where we are! P and Q. That is a nice loop at the back of the campground. Jim and I actually have the P35 site. We also secured F68 which we can use as the 12th site should we have that many owners want to attend. There were also other sites available around there but Jim and I thought these 12 looked the best.

Thanks!
Cheryl:)

dieselsweetheart

There is excavating going on to the right of the entrance....lady says new pull-throughs going in there....will be ready for May.... Jim and I are going up in June to camp...we'll get a better feel for the place and be comfortable by August.

Cheryl

Chickie

We made our reservations.

None
Cheryl and Jim,

We were able to confirm our reservation this morning. We are assigned to site 40 in the P Loop. It is a back in site. We check in on 13 June.

We will attend our very first Rally with the Heartland International Rally in Indiana. And the Rally you are hosting will be our second.

This is exciting and we look forward to meeting everyone.

Thank you.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We are in. Made reservations this morning. Site Q44. We are going to arrive on Thursday. This is our first rally. Please, let us know what we need to do. We are looking foward to meeting everyone. Sounds like this is a nice campground with lots to do. Can't wait!

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
On Friday and Saturday evenings , A local farmer comes through the campground selling fresh produce and homemade pies . DW is hooked on the apple pies :)

dieselsweetheart

Chickie

Chickie, did you mean check in is August 13th? You wrote 13 June! Just checking...you made me nervous that you booked the wrong date! :confused:

Smokeyfl

Cheryl and Jim,

Been reviewing your posts and Donna (wife) and I (insignificant other)would like to join you at the rally. We do not have a chapter in Maryland, but I grew up in Bucks County, PA and love the area you picked. I am going to call tomorrow to register. Thanks for putting this together. Let us know what we can do to help.

jnbhobe

Cheryl & Jim; Just made our reservations at Pine Grove for 8/13 thru 8/16. they put us on site Q-46. Keep in touch, let us know what we can do to help. Patti & Jon :cool::cool::cool: