Axle spacing between tires - Help

srob300

I had a problem with the axle spacing between my tires on my last trip. Driver's side rear axle had seemed to "slip" towards the front and the tires were actually rubbing together when I would hit a bump - when parked the space between the tires was barely enough to put your finger through. The strange thing was that the other side appeared normal with about 4-5 inches between tires. I stopped at an rv park and had a truck repair rig come out and they had to roll the axle back at an angle to give it the correct spacing.
They couldn't figure out what caused the problem - The axle is not bent, The springs were fine - U bolts were fine - no cracked center bolt. Has anyone had any similar problems or know possible causes. Do I need to replace the springs with an "off center" spring or have the mor ryde looked at?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It sounds like the mor ryde unit has separated. It's sandwiched between the two flat pieces where the front and rear springs come together. Mor rydes number is 574-293-1561 or you can check their website for a servicing dealer in your area.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
It sounds like the mor ryde unit has separated. It's sandwiched between the two flat pieces where the front and rear springs come together. Mor rydes number is 574-293-1561 or you can check their website for a servicing dealer in your area.

I agree, if the springs, U bolts and axles are OK there's nothing else there but the Mor Ryde that could cause this.