Heartland Luncheon in the RGV - February 17th, 2009 - Furr's Fresh Buffet in McAllen

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Hey all you Heartlanders wintering in the Rio Grande Valley (RGV)!

I am traveling through the great state of Texas in February and would like to put on a luncheon, somewhere in the RGV for Heartland Owners.

We are set for February 17th.

What I'd like to know from you is:

1. Are you interested?
  2. What city are you in at that time?
  3. Do you have a suggested restaurant that could accommodate us - preferably in a private room for a couple of hours?
Once I determine sufficient interest, I'll plot your locations based on your feedback and we choose a location and set the plans.

I look forward to seeing you if you can make it!

Jim

Confirmed Luncheon Attendees

Updated: 2/17/09

Number Name Location

1. Jim Beletti - Mission (1 person)
  2. Retyred - Mission
  3. Tom & Judy Atkinson (Tom of Ypsi) - Donna
  4. Ray & Lin LeTourneau - Corpus Christi
  5. Carol & Graham Kinmond (geeksrus) - Mission
  6. Joseph Dorsey & Gene Herzog (jcd8822- Mercedes
  7. Jay & Stella Coffman (jayc) - Mission
  8. Don and Sharon Jones (todalake) - South Padre Island
  9. Bob & Joyce Leinweber (leinweber) - San Benito
  10. Jim & Wilma Lamont (J-W&E) - Mercedes
  11. Jim & Jean Bowling (jjbowling) - Mercedes
  12. Ed & Ellen Crapes - Mercedes
  13. Rick & Blanca (traveler07)- Mercedes
  14. Rich & Shirley (bigchief) - Weslaco
  15. Marion & Alan McLean (rncap) - Harlingen
  16. JoAnn and Larry (Jolar3329) - Donna
  17. Kathy Adams (kakampers) - Mission (1 person)
  18. John & Nancy Naessens - Los Fresnos
  19. Dave & Lynnette Ellis (Lynnette) - Harlingen
  20. Ted & Sue (tedj) - Mission
  21. Donna and Dale Short (dale short) - Mission
  22. Kermit & Trula Seltzer - Donna
  23. Perry & Jean Hench - Donna
  24. Bob and Verna Nunweile - Mercedes
  25. Bob (big bird) - Weslaco
  26. Jim and Sheila Gratz (jmgratz) - Mercedes
  27. Richard (Red) & Kathy Knepfler - Mission
  28. Jim and Nirro Bangma - Mission
  29. Garry and Darlene Alexander (garry) - Dona
  30. David and Sara Iley (DavidIley) - Mission
  31. George & Anna Marie Polacek (gpolac) - San Benito
  32. Carol & Jerry Wood (cjwood) - Mission
  33. Roger and ? - (drk) - Weslaco
Headcount: 63

Rig Location Summary:

• Mercedes - 7
  • Donna - 5
  • Mission - 10
  • Corpus Christi - 1
  • San Benito - 2
  • South Padre Island - 1
  • Weslaco - 3
  • Harlingen - 2
  • Los Fresnos - 1
Restaurant:
I was finally able to connect with the General Manager of Furr's Fresh Buffet in McAllen. We are all set. Rate is negotiated and room is secured. Thanks again to Tom/Judy and Joseph/Gene for restaurant sampling in the valley for me.

• Furr's Fresh Buffet
    901 West Us Highway 83
    McAllen, TX 78501
    956-687-9571
Lunch will begin at 11:30 AM on Feb 17 - please be on time. Ask for the Heartland group - we're in the Banquet Room.

The Heartland Owners Club will be sponsoring the luncheon. I'll ask only that we pass a basket for the server's tip (about $1 per person).

Map Data

//heartlandowners.org/attachments/forum/2009_rgv_lunch_map.jpg

Last edited:

Retyred

Lunch

Jim:
We will be in Mission TX for February and March would like to join you.

Retyred

Tom of Ypsi

Jim,

We would be interested and we are at Casa Del Sol, Donna, Tx. There is one Sundance, one BH and one other LM in our park and none are forum members. Would they be included also? Do not want to say anything unless I get the OK for the BIG GUY.

jbeletti

Jim,

We would be interested and we are at Casa Del Sol, Donna, Tx. There is one Sundance, one BH and one other LM in our park and none are forum members. Would they be included also? Do not want to say anything unless I get the OK for the BIG GUY.

Absolutely - for all Heartland Owners. Everyone pass the word. Let's just lock in on the Feb 17th. If anyone has contact cards left, write the invite on the back and drop it on some Heartlander doors :)

Thanks,

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Thanks Jim,

I will let these people know to keep that date open. I know of a couple of other Heartland owners around here and will also inform them.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Count us in! We'll spread the word to the Heartland owners in Corpus, I know there are a few in Aransas Pass and Port Aransas and we'll try to get them informed.

geeksrus

Are you interested? -YES

What city are you in at that time? MISSION

Do you have a suggested restaurant that could accommodate us - preferably in a private room for a couple of hours? - NO

Eh!

jcd8822

Joseph
There are four of us Bighorn owners here at Encore's Paradise South in Mercedes, and Jim and WIlma are down the road at LLano park in their Landmark. I will pass the word. There is a private dinning room at Beto's Restaurant at the Executive Inn on Hwy 83 at Mile 2 West Road in Mercedes. The have good food at moderate prices.

Joseph

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We have plans to be in Kerrville thru Feb. 19th. We will be further south until the April Rally.

If anyone is in the Kerrville area give us a holler up at Buckhorn RV just north of I-10. We will be down around the RGV area looking for a place to lite for a few days.. Watch out we might drop in to say hello....

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We plan to be at the Sweetheart Rally in Kerrville too Bob and then we're going to Donna to stay for a month or so. We'd love to come along to the luncheon so count us in!

Last edited:

jimtoo

Everyone is wanting to meet and eat, but I think Jim B needs some input on a place to have the luncheon. Some of you folks that are in the valley now need check out some places and let him know. You might even check with the park your in about facilities and a catered luncheon.
Jim M

jbeletti

Confirmed Attendees and Location Ideas

Hi all,

I have sifted through the replies and added to post #1 of this thread, a list of Confirmed Attendees and a list of suggested restaurants.

If don't have you and your location listed and you are planning to attend, please straighten me out :)

By the way, the Double Tree Mobile Suites group have had several luncheons in the valley the last couple years. They are planning one right now over on the 5thwheelforums.com. I am going to add the restaurant they are using - to my list of possible locations. If anyone has eaten at Harold's Country Kitchen in Donna (Tom!) - please weigh in :)

Thanks,

Jim

From 5thwheelforums.com

DRV Group

Place: Harolds Country Kitchen
2111 E. Bus.83 Donna TX
956-464-2185

It is a Buffet and cost $8.50 and includes your drink.

The room reserved will hold up to 70 people

Tom of Ypsi

Jim,

I have never been to Harolds but I can go by and check it out. Last week we attended a Good Sam rendevouz at Pied Piper in Alamo, similar to a Chucky Cheese. The coordinators of this dinner had microphones set up with a small group singing, joking, acknowledging each other and even had the Winter Texan (news) come in for a story and pics. Pied Piper was very accomodating and the pizza is ok. This get together is going to be every other Thursday, next one Jan 22, 4 pm) and is open to everyone.

todalake

Count us in. We are staying in condo on South Padre Island this year but we want to look at some campgrounds and choose one for next year. Also maybe get some tips on wintering in RGV and get a good route from Iowa to RGV.

leinweber

Yes we would like to meet for lunch. We have one other BH in the campground, will pass the word on to them also.
Bob & Joyce Leinweber

J-W&E

Hi Jim,

We are in Mercedes, TX at Llano Grande Lake park on 2 Mile Rd. Jim and I would love to come. Please put us down as attending. We have 2 Big Horns in the park here. We will contact them too.

Jim and Wilma Lamont None

judyq

Luncheon

We are camped in the Laguna Madre RV Park in Corpus Christi, on leave from Cedar City Utah. We will be here until the first part of April (or until the snow is gone). Keep us posted.

jcd8822

Joseph
Ed and Ellen Crapes are here in Mercedes in their Bighorn from Wisconsin. They are having a computer problem and asked me to let you know they will attend.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We are camped in the Laguna Madre RV Park in Corpus Christi, on leave from Cedar City Utah. We will be here until the first part of April (or until the snow is gone). Keep us posted.
Judyq, where is Laguna Madre? We might be almost neighbors. We're in Colonia del Rey on Waldron Rd.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Hello Jim B yes Blanca and I would like to join you for the Texas RGV lucheon, we will be at Mecerdes Texas Feb 17 after we leave jimtoos sweetheart rally. TRAVELER07 (Rick and Blanca) Heartland owners club #1009

Status
Not open for further replies.