PDA

View Full Version : Heartland Luncheon in the RGV - February 17th, 2009 - Furr's Fresh Buffet in McAllen

jbeletti
01-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Hey all you Heartlanders wintering in the Rio Grande Valley (RGV)!

I am traveling through the great state of Texas in February and would like to put on a luncheon, somewhere in the RGV for Heartland Owners.

We are set for February 17th.

What I'd like to know from you is:

Are you interested?
What city are you in at that time?
Do you have a suggested restaurant that could accommodate us - preferably in a private room for a couple of hours?

Once I determine sufficient interest, I'll plot your locations based on your feedback and we choose a location and set the plans.

I look forward to seeing you if you can make it!

Jim

Confirmed Luncheon Attendees

Updated: 2/17/09

Number Name Location

Jim Beletti - Mission (1 person)
Retyred - Mission
Tom & Judy Atkinson (Tom of Ypsi) - Donna
Ray & Lin LeTourneau - Corpus Christi
Carol & Graham Kinmond (geeksrus) - Mission
Joseph Dorsey & Gene Herzog (jcd8822- Mercedes
Jay & Stella Coffman (jayc) - Mission
Don and Sharon Jones (todalake) - South Padre Island
Bob & Joyce Leinweber (leinweber) - San Benito
Jim & Wilma Lamont (J-W&E) - Mercedes
Jim & Jean Bowling (jjbowling) - Mercedes
Ed & Ellen Crapes - Mercedes
Rick & Blanca (traveler07)- Mercedes
Rich & Shirley (bigchief) - Weslaco
Marion & Alan McLean (rncap) - Harlingen
JoAnn and Larry (Jolar3329) - Donna
Kathy Adams (kakampers) - Mission (1 person)
John & Nancy Naessens - Los Fresnos
Dave & Lynnette Ellis (Lynnette) - Harlingen
Ted & Sue (tedj) - Mission
Donna and Dale Short (dale short) - Mission
Kermit & Trula Seltzer - Donna
Perry & Jean Hench - Donna
Bob and Verna Nunweile - Mercedes
Bob (big bird) - Weslaco
Jim and Sheila Gratz (jmgratz) - Mercedes
Richard (Red) & Kathy Knepfler - Mission
Jim and Nirro Bangma - Mission
Garry and Darlene Alexander (garry) - Dona
David and Sara Iley (DavidIley) - Mission
George & Anna Marie Polacek (gpolac) - San Benito
Carol & Jerry Wood (cjwood) - Mission
Roger and ? - (drk) - Weslaco

Headcount: 63

Rig Location Summary:

Mercedes - 7
Donna - 5
Mission - 10
Corpus Christi - 1
San Benito - 2
South Padre Island - 1
Weslaco - 3
Harlingen - 2
Los Fresnos - 1

Restaurant:
I was finally able to connect with the General Manager of Furr's Fresh Buffet in McAllen. We are all set. Rate is negotiated and room is secured. Thanks again to Tom/Judy and Joseph/Gene for restaurant sampling in the valley for me.

Furr's Fresh Buffet
901 West Us Highway 83
McAllen, TX 78501
956-687-9571

Lunch will begin at 11:30 AM on Feb 17 - please be on time. Ask for the Heartland group - we're in the Banquet Room.

The Heartland Owners Club will be sponsoring the luncheon. I'll ask only that we pass a basket for the server's tip (about $1 per person).

Map Data

Click this link to interact with the current Google Map showing Restaurant and Attendee locations (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=102395720798360567231.00046154cec0a6e4e2a8c&ll=26.205966,-97.816772&spn=0.782396,1.697388&z=10)

//heartlandowners.org/attachments/forum/2009_rgv_lunch_map.jpg

Retyred
01-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Jim:
We will be in Mission TX for February and March would like to join you.

Retyred

Tom of Ypsi
01-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Jim,

We would be interested and we are at Casa Del Sol, Donna, Tx. There is one Sundance, one BH and one other LM in our park and none are forum members. Would they be included also? Do not want to say anything unless I get the OK for the BIG GUY.

jbeletti
01-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Jim,

We would be interested and we are at Casa Del Sol, Donna, Tx. There is one Sundance, one BH and one other LM in our park and none are forum members. Would they be included also? Do not want to say anything unless I get the OK for the BIG GUY.

Absolutely - for all Heartland Owners. Everyone pass the word. Let's just lock in on the Feb 17th. If anyone has contact cards left, write the invite on the back and drop it on some Heartlander doors :)

Thanks,

Jim

Tom of Ypsi
01-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Thanks Jim,

I will let these people know to keep that date open. I know of a couple of other Heartland owners around here and will also inform them.

Ray LeTourneau
01-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Count us in! We'll spread the word to the Heartland owners in Corpus, I know there are a few in Aransas Pass and Port Aransas and we'll try to get them informed.

geeksrus
01-08-2009, 07:04 AM
Are you interested? -YES

What city are you in at that time? MISSION

Do you have a suggested restaurant that could accommodate us - preferably in a private room for a couple of hours? - NO

Eh!

jcd8822
01-08-2009, 08:39 PM
There are four of us Bighorn owners here at Encore's Paradise South in Mercedes, and Jim and WIlma are down the road at LLano park in their Landmark. I will pass the word. There is a private dinning room at Beto's Restaurant at the Executive Inn on Hwy 83 at Mile 2 West Road in Mercedes. The have good food at moderate prices.

Joseph

TXBobcat
01-08-2009, 08:45 PM
We have plans to be in Kerrville thru Feb. 19th. We will be further south until the April Rally.

If anyone is in the Kerrville area give us a holler up at Buckhorn RV just north of I-10. We will be down around the RGV area looking for a place to lite for a few days.. Watch out we might drop in to say hello....

jayc
01-11-2009, 10:00 PM
We plan to be at the Sweetheart Rally in Kerrville too Bob and then we're going to Donna to stay for a month or so. We'd love to come along to the luncheon so count us in!

jimtoo
01-12-2009, 12:29 AM
Everyone is wanting to meet and eat, but I think Jim B needs some input on a place to have the luncheon. Some of you folks that are in the valley now need check out some places and let him know. You might even check with the park your in about facilities and a catered luncheon.
Jim M

jbeletti
01-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Hi all,

I have sifted through the replies and added to post #1 of this thread, a list of Confirmed Attendees and a list of suggested restaurants.

If don't have you and your location listed and you are planning to attend, please straighten me out :)

By the way, the Double Tree Mobile Suites group have had several luncheons in the valley the last couple years. They are planning one right now over on the 5thwheelforums.com. I am going to add the restaurant they are using - to my list of possible locations. If anyone has eaten at Harold's Country Kitchen in Donna (Tom!) - please weigh in :)

Thanks,

Jim

From 5thwheelforums.com

DRV Group

Place: Harolds Country Kitchen
2111 E. Bus.83 Donna TX
956-464-2185

It is a Buffet and cost $8.50 and includes your drink.

The room reserved will hold up to 70 people

Tom of Ypsi
01-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Jim,

I have never been to Harolds but I can go by and check it out. Last week we attended a Good Sam rendevouz at Pied Piper in Alamo, similar to a Chucky Cheese. The coordinators of this dinner had microphones set up with a small group singing, joking, acknowledging each other and even had the Winter Texan (news) come in for a story and pics. Pied Piper was very accomodating and the pizza is ok. This get together is going to be every other Thursday, next one Jan 22, 4 pm) and is open to everyone.

todalake
01-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Count us in. We are staying in condo on South Padre Island this year but we want to look at some campgrounds and choose one for next year. Also maybe get some tips on wintering in RGV and get a good route from Iowa to RGV.

leinweber
01-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Yes we would like to meet for lunch. We have one other BH in the campground, will pass the word on to them also.
Bob & Joyce Leinweber

J-W&E
01-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Hi Jim,

We are in Mercedes, TX at Llano Grande Lake park on 2 Mile Rd. Jim and I would love to come. Please put us down as attending. We have 2 Big Horns in the park here. We will contact them too.

Jim and Wilma Lamont None

judyq
01-16-2009, 07:06 PM
We are camped in the Laguna Madre RV Park in Corpus Christi, on leave from Cedar City Utah. We will be here until the first part of April (or until the snow is gone). Keep us posted.

jcd8822
01-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Ed and Ellen Crapes are here in Mercedes in their Bighorn from Wisconsin. They are having a computer problem and asked me to let you know they will attend.

Ray LeTourneau
01-18-2009, 12:01 AM
We are camped in the Laguna Madre RV Park in Corpus Christi, on leave from Cedar City Utah. We will be here until the first part of April (or until the snow is gone). Keep us posted.
Judyq, where is Laguna Madre? We might be almost neighbors. We're in Colonia del Rey on Waldron Rd.

TRAVELER07
01-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Hello Jim B yes Blanca and I would like to join you for the Texas RGV lucheon, we will be at Mecerdes Texas Feb 17 after we leave jimtoos sweetheart rally. TRAVELER07 (Rick and Blanca) Heartland owners club #1009

bigchief
01-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Jim;
Count Rich & Shirley NENTWIG in. We are in the 1015 RV Park in Weslaco.

jbeletti
01-20-2009, 10:24 PM
List updated. See post 1 in this thread.

Thanks all!

Jim

rncap
01-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Hi Jim,
This is a difficult site to access. We want to attend the RGV Luncheon in Feb. this is our 5th year in the Valley Alan & Marion McLean Ontario Canada

jbeletti
01-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi Jim,
This is a difficult site to access. We want to attend the RGV Luncheon in Feb. this is our 5th year in the Valley Alan & Marion McLean Ontario Canada

rncap,

Thanks - I'll add you to the list.

I received your email about log-in issues. Sorry you had difficulty accessing the site. We have over 4,600 members, nearly 800 of whom access the site frequently. Some members (not you), have difficulty using the site with their AOL browsers. Some new members have trouble getting the registration confirmation email from the forum because they had not allowed email from heartlandowners.org. We do our best to help everyone get on the site. If you have continued difficulty, feel free to PM me with your phone number and I will call you to walk you through.

Thanks,

Jim

jolar3329
01-25-2009, 04:19 PM
JoAnn and I (Larry) are staying at Victoria Palms in Donna, TX. We would like to attend. Anywhere in the valley is O'K with us. Keep us informed.

jolar3329

rncap
01-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the assistance Jim. We will pass the word along here in the park. See you in Feb.( rncap.) Marion & Alan McLean

I received your email about log-in issues. Sorry you had difficulty accessing the site. We have over 4,600 members, nearly 800 of whom access the site frequently. Some members (not you), have difficulty using the site with their AOL browsers. Some new members have trouble getting the registration confirmation email from the forum because they had not allowed email from heartlandowners.org. We do our best to help everyone get on the site. If you have continued difficulty, feel free to PM me with your phone number and I will call you to walk you through.

Thanks,

Jim[/quote]

geeksrus
01-27-2009, 07:15 AM
A couple of years ago, RVNet had a small rally at a hall in Victoria Palms where a snack lunch was available. As it is in Donna, it is a central location for those that are planning to attend from the valley. A bit of distant from CC & Mustang Island, though.

Eh!

kakampers
01-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Boy!!! This thread was really buried and hard to find...but I found it!

Can't keep me away...LOL. Ken will be out of town but I will definitely be there. There are another couple who have bought a lot here in Retama that own a Bighorn, I will talk to them to see if they want to join us...maybe get them interested in the Club and the forum too.

See ya'll soon.

Kathy:)

bigchief
01-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Jim;
John & Nancy NAESSENS stopped by to see me in Weslaco to see if they could join us at the luncheon. They have a Big Horn but do not belong to the Heartland Forum or club. I told them I was sure they could. Did I do right?
Also have you come with a time as yet
Bigchief

jbeletti
01-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Jim;
John & Nancy NAESSENS stopped by to see me in Weslaco to see if they could join us at the luncheon. They have a Big Horn but do not belong to the Heartland Forum or club. I told them I was sure they could. Did I do right?
Also have you come with a time as yet
Bigchief

You did well!

Note for everyone - the location is still TBD. I thought we would end up in Donna at the Country Kitchen but this is not looking good. Waiting to hear back from Furr's Fresh Buffet in McAllen (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=102395720798360567231.00046154cec0a6e4e2a8c&ll=26.221983,-97.857971&spn=0.719463,1.634216&z=10&iwloc=0004615547627253eb6e2). They may be the winner - even though not centrally located. It may not work for everyone but hopefully for most :)

I will be sending a PM to all who are on the list, once the location is final.

Thanks,

Jim

Lynnette
02-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Jim, We are heartland owners already and in the process of buying a Big Horn. I am unable to register to attend the Valley RV luncheon. Please register Dave & Lynnette Ellis. We are acquainted with Alan and Marion Mclean at Sunshine in Harlingen. Thanks so much.

leftyf
02-01-2009, 10:26 PM
I was gonna take the dogs, hop in the truck and get some "break-in" miles on it, and attend. However, after much consideration,and threats from my primary care doc at the old VA...I decided that you guys weren't ready for me yet.

Maybe next year.

tedj
02-01-2009, 11:19 PM
We are in Mission, Tx. @ Hidden Valley Ranch and would really Like to attend.
Harolds Kitchen sounds fine to us.
Ted & Sue
tedj

jbeletti
02-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Jim, We are heartland owners already and in the process of buying a Big Horn. I am unable to register to attend the Valley RV luncheon. Please register Dave & Lynnette Ellis. We are acquainted with Alan and Marion Mclean at Sunshine in Harlingen. Thanks so much.

Hi Dave and Lynette,

Your post here is your registration! You are all set. Location decision to be made today.

Jim

jbeletti
02-02-2009, 09:09 AM
We are in Mission, Tx. @ Hidden Valley Ranch and would really Like to attend.
Harolds Kitchen sounds fine to us.
Ted & Sue
tedj

Hi Ted and Sue,

You are all set - see you on the 17th.

Harold's is not on top in the running. It will likely be at Furr's Fresh Buffet in McAllen. Hope to make final decision today. Waiting for call back from the GM there.

Jim

Tom of Ypsi
02-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Jim,

I have four more people to add to the list. Also if there is anything I can do from this end let me know.

drk
02-04-2009, 01:43 PM
We are interested. Two of us from Snow to Sun in Weslaco.

drk

leftyf
02-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Furrs?

Get the chicken fried steak...man, you can't go wrong with that at Furrs!

dale short
02-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Jim,
This is our 3rd year in Mission and our first in our new Big Horn. We would like to attend the lunch on the 17th.
Thanks
Donna and Dale Short
Bentsen Palm Village
Mission, Tx.

jbeletti
02-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Jim,
This is our 3rd year in Mission and our first in our new Big Horn. We would like to attend the lunch on the 17th. Thanks - Donna and Dale Short - Bentsen Palm Village - Mission, Tx.

You got it. We're up to 40! See you on the 17th at 11:30 in McAllen.

Jim

Tom of Ypsi
02-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Jim,

I have Kermit & Trula Seltzer and Perry & Jean Hench both in Donna, Tx to add. Neither couple has a computer at the moment to register for themselves.

jbeletti
02-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Jim,

I have Kermit & Trula Seltzer and Perry & Jean Hench both in Donna, Tx to add. Neither couple has a computer at the moment to register for themselves.

Gotcha Tom - thank you!

And for everyone really - if you have passed the word to other Heartlanders, it's best if I capture it in post 1 of this thread for head count purposes. I cannot accommodate a crowd larger than my room size. So if you have commitments from Heartlanders that are NOT on the forum, post their names and location here and I will capture it and count them into my plans.

Thanks gang!

Jim

jmgratz
02-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Jim,
If it is not too late add Sheila and Jim to the count. We are working on getting reservations at this time. Thanks...

jbeletti
02-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Not too late :). Maybe I'll even get to see Penny! Where are you staying? Will add you to the list tomorrow night.

Jim
from mobile phone

jimtoo
02-07-2009, 01:08 AM
It's just amazing how far some people will drive for a free meal.:D

It can't be for the company of one certain person??? Can it????:D

Jim M

jmgratz
02-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Hey Jim B.,
Just got our reservation for Paradise South RV Resort in Mercedes. Arriving Sun the 15th.

big bird
02-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi Jim, will be in the area and would like to be part of the crowd if it's not too late.
P.S. will be alone.

Ray LeTourneau
02-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Hi Jim, will be in the area and would like to be part of the crowd if it's not too late.
P.S. will be alone.
Bob, I take it you found a campground. Did you end up in the valley the day we saw you or did you spend the night in the area? Sorry we couldn't be more help...

jmgratz
02-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Jim,
I didn't see Jim and Sheila Gratz on the list yet. We will be at Paradise South RV Park in Mercedes arriving on Sunday the 15th. I

big bird
02-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Ray, no got here Thursday, will be till mid march. Thanks for all the efforts, went to all the parks none had room for more than 3 nights so we went to San Antonio to visit and now here in the valley, Brownsville then Weslaco, looking forward to meeting again.

jbeletti
02-10-2009, 12:34 AM
Hi Bob - got you down.

Hi Jim - sorry I had not yet added you and Sheila - done :)

See y'all next week.

Jim

leftyf
02-10-2009, 07:34 AM
It's just amazing how far some people will drive for a free meal.:D

It can't be for the company of one certain person??? Can it????:D

Jim M

Free meal? Where does it say that?

truknutt
02-10-2009, 09:02 AM
Free meal? Where does it say that?

Lefty,

Look at Jim's (updated) post #1 "The Heartland Owners Club will be sponsoring the luncheon. I'll ask only that we pass a basket for the server's tip (about $1 per person)."

Guess we miss out on this one!

You get that traveling rig of yours squared away and hopefully Jim'll throw you a freebie meal!!! :D

garry
02-10-2009, 11:32 AM
We are at Victoria Palms and would like to attend the lunchen on the 17 th.

Garry and Darlene Alexander
Red Deer, Alberta

kakampers
02-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Hey Jim...there is a couple here with a Bighorn in Retama who are new owners in the village. I've invited them to the luncheon and they are looking forward to it.

Can you please add Jim and Nirro Bangma to the list?
See you next week.:D

Kathy

Tom of Ypsi
02-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Jim,

I have another couple Richard (Red) & Kathy Knepfler presently in Mission West RV Resort, Mission, Tx in a BH. There is another Classic Landmark and another BH in the same park but did not see any one. See you next week.

jbeletti
02-12-2009, 12:53 AM
Thanks Garry and Darlene - got ya down.

Thanks Tom and Kathy, got you people down too.

Hey gang,

We're up to 55! This is more than I figured we'd get. That's great. Our room holds 62 max. So that's the cap for this event and it's why I wanted to capture this all in a sign-up fashion.

For those of you who have signed others up - please make sure they know it starts at 11:30 and it's in McAllen at Furrs. Thank you :)

Jim

cjwood
02-16-2009, 10:46 AM
We would be interested in attending the luncheon at Furr's on Feb 17th.
Carol & Jerry Wood
Mission

Ray LeTourneau
02-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Hey, we'll see all you Fine Folks at Furr's tomorrow. Everyone travel safe now.

jmgratz
02-16-2009, 11:15 PM
That's a big 10-4 Good Buddy.

jbeletti
02-16-2009, 11:50 PM
I'll be there about 11:20. Tell them at the desk you are there with the Heartland group in the private room. DON'T pay :)

Jim

jbeletti
02-17-2009, 09:29 AM
We would be interested in attending the luncheon at Furr's on Feb 17th.
Carol & Jerry Wood
Mission

Yes - join us! See you there.

drk
02-17-2009, 09:48 AM
drk plans to attend. I sent this once before.

Roger

jbeletti
02-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Hi Roger,

Sorry I missed you before - you have been added! Thanks for knocking my head on this.

For everyone, we are officially 1 person over the max for the room. My sense is there will be a couple of no shows but at the same time, there may be a few people who did not officially sign-up. I will cover everyone - no problem. Just warning that the first 62 to fit in the room will eat in the room :)

I must say that I am overwhelmed at the response to this luncheon - in a good way! I had no idea we'd hit this number. I think it's great. See you all at 11:30.

Jim

jmgratz
02-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Hey Jim,
Great Luncheon. We had a great time meeting everyone and seeing you again. Furrs was a great host and if we ever do it again we will know what the red knob on the wall if for LOL. Hopefully we will see many of you at the Houston Rally and then other in Goshen at the national rally. Thank you Heartland for a great luncheon and their concern for their customers. Oh, Penny says hi.

Tom of Ypsi
02-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Jim and Heartland, Thanks for the great luncheon. In these times we realize that money is tight so putting something on like this is especially appreciated. Good to see old friends and make new ones and nice to put faces with names we only see on line.

Thanks again.

Ray LeTourneau
02-17-2009, 09:23 PM
Ditto on what jmgratz posted. Thanks to all for the great luncheon. Too bad we didn't think about birthday boy Tom of Ypsi. It was his birthday today. We could have gotten him a cake or????

jbeletti
02-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Attached are some pictures that Wilma L and I took at today's luncheon.

We had at least 58 Heartlanders there today. Thank you all! It was fun.

Jim

jmgratz
02-19-2009, 10:00 PM
thanks for the photos.... When we left the valley to go back to the Houston Area this morning it was 72 degrees (87 degrees for a high yesterday). Arriving back in the Houston area it was 68 when we arrived. It is supposed to be 38 tonight. Maybe we should have stayed where it is warmer. Oh well.....

jbeletti
02-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Four more pics added. Thanks Ted Jessen.

Jim

sleeps2
04-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Please put our names in for the luncheon in the RGV. Looking forward to getting to some warmer weather. This spring in the middle of the country is cold. We are looking forward to the rally in June.

Dave and Julia Bachtell #1146 (sleeps2)
Will will be in Donna, TX in September

jbeletti
04-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Hi Dave and Julie,

Sorry but this thread was for the Feb '09 luncheon. Sorry you missed it :(

Not sure if we'll do it in 2010. We maxed that place out as it was. I may go to Arizona to do a luncheon. Just don't know yet.

See you in early in Goshen to go to Yoders! Their pie is a little better than Furr's anyway :)

Jim

ArkSlim
08-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Jim add me to the list. Will be staying in Mission in our new 3410. Al Keller (ArkSlim)

jimtoo
08-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi ArkSlim,

This is an old thread. It was for Feb of 09, not a new one coming up.

JimM

Tom of Ypsi
08-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Al, Where in Mission are you going to be. We will be in Mission West and several other HL owners are within a couple of miles. Some of us have talked about a get together this coming winter for a luncheon, potluck etc.

kakampers
08-15-2009, 06:44 AM
When and where? We'll be there!

Tom...Katie says "hi uncle Tom"...:D

jayc
08-15-2009, 08:22 AM
Let's try to get something set up for another luncheon. I'm game!

TRAVELER07
08-15-2009, 08:28 AM
Lets have a Rio Grande valley reunion, we are game. we'll be in Roma. TRAVELER07

jbeletti
08-15-2009, 08:59 AM
While this is an old thread that discusses a past event, I think it would be cool if Heartlanders got together on their own in the RGV. Pick a big place!

In the same vain, I am also planning "something". Still waiting for approval. It won't be at a restaurant though as the group is getting rather large. Thought I'd have a dozen at the '09 RGV luncheon and we had 60 :eek: could have 200 the next time :)

But don't wait for my thing to come through. Please continue to plan your own thing. And hopefully mine will come through too and we'll have 2 cool things in the valley.

Jim

Jim

kakampers
08-15-2009, 09:09 AM
I can help! After we get back, mid-October, we all can decide on the type of location and I can scout something out for a get-together...just let me know!:)

Ray LeTourneau
08-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Yeah Sure! We decide to go to California and now ya'll are gonna have more food in the RGV!!! Just ain't fair.:D:D

jayc
08-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Ray
You should come back to the valley. See what happens when you don't......?

Tom of Ypsi
08-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Without Ray there should be more food for everyone. We will miss you Ray & Lin both in Spring, Tx and the RGV.

Kathy & Ken send my best to Katie and I do miss her. I can help look for a place also. Sounds like a road trip with some mighty fine eat'n comin up.

Happy Campers
09-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Jim, I didn't get the email until the rally in McAllen was over and we would of of made it for sure.If your planning on having another one this year let me know and we will be there.We stayed in Mission last year and have the same place for this year.
Happy camping

Delaine and Lindy
09-18-2009, 09:00 AM
Furr's in McAllen is a good choice. GBY....

Dave and Lee Tressell
10-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Just now found your post on Texas Lunch. Plan on Lee & I. Looks like you have a good size group. ;) Been to Furrr's before, only problem is we both eat too much.

jimtoo
10-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Closed due to this being almost a year old. New thread should start soon.

Jim M