PDA

View Full Version : 1st SOCAL RALLY FOR 2009

Bob&Patty
01-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Hi all fellow SOCAL Heartland owners. The Spring Rally for this year is at CANYON RV PARK in Anaheim. The dates are as follows. April 24th-25th and 26th. Phone # 714-637-0210. The campsites are $35-$45 per night depending on the amount of sites we rent. Senior's are $40.50 per night. Here is the link to the discussion's.//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=8090

sailorand
01-08-2009, 05:59 PM
I am reading the forum. Too bad we are not coming south this year. We hope all is stettled for next year. Would loved to have been there

sandman
01-08-2009, 08:13 PM
:DHey bob marty here just wanted to say hello and i read the thread yesterday, just got lazy and didnt reply but im here and ready for a rally so lets do it:cool: .

Bob&Patty
02-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Hey people, do we want to have a SPRING RALLY this year?? If you can give me some dates and ideas where then I can do some planning. April or May so the weather might be better? Bob:D

sandman
02-24-2009, 10:53 AM
:cool: HEY BOB WHATS UP, JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT CANYON RV IS GOOD FOR US. HERE ARE SOME DATES THAT WOULD WORK FOR US APRIL 25-26 MAY 2-3- MAY 9-10.:D:cool:

Bob&Patty
02-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Well Marty, it just might just be you and me. Thats OK. I did sent some PM's out to other people, but no response yet. Bob:D

sandman
02-24-2009, 10:58 PM
:confused::pHey bob , well i will put some sob"s together and we will just go and have a good time hopefuly the others will chime in and go but if not o well take care:D

DennisZ
02-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Bob

When you get a date set, I'll see how it works with my work schedule, gonna be real busy in April & May.

Dennis

leftyf
02-25-2009, 01:15 AM
If I wasn't stuck in BF Virginia...I'm make this one.

Larryheadhunter
02-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Well consider us in if we ever get our rig back from Clovis RV. Hope to see lots more people from anywhere in CA to support the local socal chapter. Apr 24-26 sounds perfect as we leave for Cancun on our annual timeshare visit on May 1st.

Bob&Patty
03-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Well, so far we have some interest in the rally. We have about 6-7 weeks to put this together. So where are all the Socal Heartland owners?? Click on the 5th line (April 24th-26th) down on the portal page under rallies. It will take you to the next page and click on the link there for the discussions page. Bob:D

Larryheadhunter
03-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Hi everyone,
We are in Las Vegas for a couple of days to help my DW's dad, and had the pleasure to have dinner with lamontagne's last nite. Art and Cindy have indicated they will be coming to the rally in Anaheim if they can, as they are planning a CA trip for Apr and/or May. Let's get some more folks interested. Bob, why don't you PM them to give them details. It's very difficult to find this discussion page.

Bob&Patty
03-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks Lar for the info. Not sure why it is hard to find? 2 clicks and you are on the dicussion page. Just the way J.B. wants it. Bob:confused:

Cris371
03-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Hopefully this isn't a triple post-I'm having a bit of trouble navigating around here-my fault not yours!

Anyway, we would like to make this rally if possible and if we have purchased our Big Country by then. It's local for us-good thing since we are brand new to RVing and have no experience driving one around. Would this be a "kid friendly" place? We need them to stay busy so we can have fun too. Ages 17, 14, 12, and 8. Might also bring along a couple of dogs.

Cris

(Nope, not a duplicate or triple, I have a big electric eraser!! See?, the other one is gone. Jim M)

DennisZ
03-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Cris

The place is very kid friendly, and there is plenty of lawn area for the dogs. As long as the dogs don't fit into one of the agressive breeds, they are welcome at the park. This is one of my favorite 'in close' parks.

Dennis

Bob&Patty
03-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Cris, yes it is as Dennis stated. Coach or not your welcome to come and join us. This seems to be the place get the newbies started. We had 3, I believe that started here last year. They are all doing just fine. Remember that if you dont know, just ask. Bring a note pad if you come and take notes. We are here to help. Bob:D

Larryheadhunter
03-19-2009, 12:34 AM
Bob,
Are you reserving the sites or should we call to make our own reservations? We will be there Apr 24-26, leaving on the 26th or 27th. Debbi has to make that call as we are out of the country on May 1st. Got the strong impression from her we will be leaving on Sunday. LOL She needs to prepare to go to Cancun! Whadya got to do to prepare for that? And I was one of those newbies, rookies, whatever! 10,000 miles later, I still don't know what I am doing, but it sure is fun!

dtvista and I just camped together at San Clemente State Park, 3 exits from our home. It had all full hookups, and close to the ocean with big firepits, if anyone wants to visit in this direction, give us a lookup.

Bob&Patty
03-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Thanks for for the up date Lar. I have been wondering where everybody is. I will call the CG today and find out what spots are available and post it here. So far we have only 3 interested in coming. Bob
:D

Bob&Patty
03-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Well folks, as of today I only know of 3 people that are ready to commit to a rally in April on the 24th-26th. Our normal spots are already taken. Suzi told me they have a few left together down by the river. So if anyone else is planning to come, I need to know really soon. If this time of year is not working for people, just let me know and we can make it at a later date. Bob:D

Larryheadhunter
03-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Cmon socalers, lets sign up for this rally on apr 24-26. We need all the support we can get. It's only for a weekend and I promise Bob will tell you all old time cowboy stories, about when he was young in the 1940's and a hot stud muffin.

Bob&Patty
03-24-2009, 11:24 PM
I am calling tomorrow to reserve my spot. Will post later what it is then. Sandman is also going to call tomorrow also. It may just be the 3 or 4 of us. Bob

Bob&Patty
03-25-2009, 11:52 AM
To the Socal Heartland gang. I called this morning and reserved the camp sites. They are 106 to 110 and 107 to 113. 6 sites total. They are across from each other. I have site #107. So I need to know how many are coming within a week or we will loose some of the sites. The Phone # is posted on the 1st page. Tell them you are with the Heartland group. Here is a link to the park. http://canyonrvpark.com Bob:D

Dale and Jen
03-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Thanks Bob...I just sent you a msg and then checked the forum! You answered my question before receiving it! We'll make a reservation when we get back home!
Jenny and Dale\\:p

Bob&Patty
03-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Jen, just so you know, I did answer your PM also. Mans its going to be great to see you guys. Its been a year already. Bob:D

Bob&Patty
03-25-2009, 09:57 PM
FYI, today I begged and pleaded and got sites real close to where we always go. They are a little farther east. As of tonite, I think I might have to call and beg some more. We might just have more that 6 HL's. Will call Suzi in the morning. Bob:D

DW_Gray
03-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Yahoo! I made my reservation for the 3 days for the maiden voyage. Amy and I are looking forward to our first trip and meet and make new friends. We hope to learn a lot from you all and have a lot of fun. We will be in space 109, right next to Bob and Patty.

Bob&Patty
03-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Dave, thats cool. I am looking forward to it. Bob:D

Dale and Jen
04-02-2009, 11:29 AM
We've got our reservation in for the 24th and 25th! Site 111. Unfortunately it's not a pull thru. :( We'll be in San Jose that week, so will have to boogie to make it on the 24th as we won't be able to head south before afternoon. Hopefully it will work out!

Jenny and Dale

Bob&Patty
04-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Jenny, that great news. Are leaving friday afternoon to get here? If so, boy I guess you will have go hammer down. If you have any trouble parking, we will help you get parked. Bob:D

sandman
04-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Hey Bob were all set i had you scared didnt i lol space # 133 theresa's boss wants her to work 24th 25th but she got out of working , she might have to work a little on the 24th but were coming so see ya soon.

Bob&Patty
04-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi Gang, I guess we need to start putting together the Saturday pot luck. I am going to PM everybody that is coming. Then if you would please start posting your thoughts in the rally discussion thread. That way we can all see whats happening. Thanks Bob:D

Larryheadhunter
04-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi, you'all. My DW is making her famous raspberry cheese pie (could be a side dish or appetizer). Saweet! Enough for everyone. Bob make a list of who is going and what number their campsites are. And better wear a wet suit Bob, I am up for this water balloon fight!

sandman
04-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Hey BOB just wanted to tell you that Theresa is going to bring a roast and potato's or a ham and potato's maybe a peach cobbler or vanila wafer pudding yum yum so see you guys soon.

Bob&Patty
04-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Lots of peach cobbler and a big bowl. Bob:D:D

sandman
04-06-2009, 11:26 PM
:D:Dok peach cobbler its is and i will bring a large dog food bowl lol.:p:p

Bob&Patty
04-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Our contribution will be BBQ chicken and Pattys baked beans. Maybe some beer and sodas. Still working on a dessert
BOB:D

DW_Gray
04-19-2009, 02:47 AM
Hi Bob & Patty and others attending,

I thought I'd let you know that when Amy and I show up we will be newlyweds. Yes that's right. Amy and I are getting married on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 5 P.M. on the beach in Pismo Beach, CA. It will be a barefoot wedding in the sand on what's suppose to be beautiful warm day.

Bob if you have a chance, would you please call me Sunday afternoon? Hopefully you still have my number.

Larryheadhunter
04-19-2009, 03:01 AM
Congrats DW and Amy. We too, only have one year under our belts rving but we look forward to meeting the newlyweds next friday at the socal rally. Hooray for u guys.

Bob&Patty
04-19-2009, 10:16 AM
DW and AMY, well congrads to you both. Yes I still have your #. Might be later in the afternoon, if thats ok. Well I guess we need to have a party on Saturday. Best wishes. Bob and Pat.:D:D

sandman
04-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Hey dw just wanted to say congratulation to you and amy hope everything goes well and we will see you at the rally.

Bob&Patty
04-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Hey people, what do you think. We will have a couple of newly weds at the rally. Should we throw a party?? Bob:D

sandman
04-19-2009, 10:01 PM
:DHey BOB a party sounds good to us let us know and we will put are heads together on some ideas:cool::cool:

Bob&Patty
04-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Marty, yes it does. I will get started letting everybody know tomorrow. Bob:D:D

Dale and Jen
04-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Hi all
Doesn't look like we'll make the rally this weekend afterall. We're up in San Jose. I'll be calling to cancel our reservation. Sorry we'll be missing this rally also! Sounds like another fun one! :(

lamontagne
04-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Congratulations. we are looking forward to meeting everyone at the rally. i'm grilling tri tip and am not sure yet what else I'll bring.

2wanderers
04-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Well, we weren't sure if we were even going to get our rig in time, but everything managed to come together, so we'll be there.

We're looking forward to our first rally and meeting those of you we haven't yet. We're as green as they come, and we still have a lot to learn, so please be gentle with us. :D

Linda is making a Corn/Green Bean/Tomato Salad for the Pot Luck.

See you Friday!

Bob&Patty
04-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Well our Socal rally is over now. We had 6 coaches. 3 people are regulars, 2 newbees, and 1 from out of state. We really had a great time. Weather was good, no rain. Saturday night we had the normal pot-luck. After that we had a little wedding reception with cake and ice cream for Dave and Amy (DW_Gray). They were married on 4-21-2009, the Tuesday before the rally. We (the old timers) were glad to share tips with the new owners so that they can avoid mistakes we made when we were newbees. As 2 of them are going to go full time. All in all it was a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Patty and I want to thank everybody that came and made it so much fun. Bob:D
Attending were:
Dave and Amy- 4012 cyclone
Larry and Debbi-3400RE
Arthur and Cindy-3055RL
Marty and Theresa-Sundance
Steve and Linda-3600RL
Bob and Patty-2955RL

Larryheadhunter
04-28-2009, 02:33 PM
I want to thank everyone for a great time at the socal rally and especially Bob and Patty for organizing such a wonderful rally. Congrats to Amy and Dave and wish them a wonderful married life.

DW_Gray
04-30-2009, 01:20 AM
Hey all,

Amy and I returned safely to our home on Tuesday. We sure had a great time. I have the group picture ready to post but don't know where to do so. Bob said in the gallery but all I found was the HOG and there are no other pictures there. So where?

jbeletti
04-30-2009, 08:08 AM
DW_Gray,

In H.O.G. (//heartlandowners.org/gallery2/main.php) (Heartland Owners Group), I have a user group called Rally Photogs. This morning, I added you to this group.

Please click here, then in the center of the screen, click Add Photo.

Any questions, please email me (//heartlandowners.org/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=2).

Jim

DW_Gray
04-30-2009, 02:41 PM
DW_Gray,

In H.O.G. (//heartlandowners.org/gallery2/main.php) (Heartland Owners Group), I have a user group called Rally Photogs. This morning, I added you to this group.

Please click here, then in the center of the screen, click Add Photo.

Any questions, please email me (//heartlandowners.org/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=2).

Jim

Thanks Jim. I did some poking around and found the spot. I joined the club too.