Antennae Mount???

tkdmike

I bought a signal boosting antennae for my router and am trying to figure out a way to mount it. I would really like to mount it on the side of the RV beside the factory FM antennae but can't find a suitable mount.

I can't remember the model number of the antennae but I got it from the 3G store, it is a big external antennae, and it came with a bracket for a ladder mount. It also has the four screw in, horizontal rods near the top. It is a cell phone antennae that has the adapter cable to plug into the USB phone card.

The antennae has a cable that comes off the side so the mount would have to accommodate the cable. Anyway, I've looked at a number of mounts and have not found anything that looks adequate to mount the antennae to an RV exterior wall. I was hoping to get something a little more permanent and nicer than the cable strung through a window.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Mike
Here is something I saw on an RV at a campground where I stayed. The mount is held on with heavy duty velcro.

I use a truckers antenna on a quick disconnect that is on a mirror mount for a trucker attached to my ladder. I take the cable to the antenna out the edge of the slide.

http://www.wearecb.com/store/accessories-unlimited-auqd-antenna-quick-disconnect-p-466.html
http://www.wpsantennas.com/901104-3waymirrormount.aspx
http://www.wpsantennas.com/301101-wilsoncellulardual-bandtruckermirrormountcellphoneantenna.aspx

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_0017 [640x480].JPG
    IMG_0017 [640x480].JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0018 [640x480].JPG
    IMG_0018 [640x480].JPG
    31 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0019 [640x480].JPG
    IMG_0019 [640x480].JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 74

Dragoon

Great idea!!! No holes to drill. Just gotta remember to bring it in before the slide goes in. That would be a problem in our case. CRS always seems to strike about that time! And, yes, we have a check list - - - just can't seem to remember where we put it?

tkdmike

Thanks men, both of those look workable and due to the floorplan in our rig, bringing in the cable around the edge of the slide would work well. I could also mount it on the back of the slide so its not so visible.

I appreciate the help.

Mike

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
Bob and EVDOalex, thanks for the info. I have been trying to figure out a way to mount the antenna. The ladder was first choice, but it is on the rear curb side, and I want to bring the coax in slide on the other side where the desk is. I like the Velcro Idea to mount on the slide, but the suction cup mount would allow the antenna to be moved to the truck when traveling for internt of phone use. The DD would love to surf the web going down the road.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I went with a plastic marine mount. The mount is screwed into the side of the trailer. It's marine grade plastic and has the ability to fold up and down.

Fold it down. Screw in antenna. Fold it up, flip lever, antenna is up. Reverse to remove.

But, I do like the big suction cup idea too.

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
EVDOalex, maybe you can help me. I just bought the suction dent puller and was getting ready to by the wilson trucker antenna, put can't fint the adapters for any Version phone or modem. I have the UMB175 USB Modem, Palm Centro and a Motorola E815, what adapters do I need?

AlexSian

Mobile Broadband Consultant
EVDOalex, maybe you can help me. I just bought the suction dent puller and was getting ready to by the wilson trucker antenna, put can't fint the adapters for any Version phone or modem. I have the UMB175 USB Modem, Palm Centro and a Motorola E815, what adapters do I need?

Not sure how you are trying to find these on our site. Typing in "Centro" as a term to find, brings back these. "E815" brings back this. and UM175 brings back these. (the omni external antenna bundled with adapter is here, and the um175 adapter cable alone is on page 2 of results)

hope this helps?

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
I guess I had a "DAA" moment last night, I was looking for Verison not Palm, Motorola, and I didn't know who made the UM175.

Thanks for your help.

Does EVDO store match internet pricing, Found Wilson trucker antenna for under $60 last night, haven't bought yet was reseaching the atabpters.

AlexSian

Mobile Broadband Consultant
the store policy is that we won't price match with places that cannot match our support ;)

however, i should note that our price on the actual trucker is 59.95

the price you are seeing for the "um175 omni external" includes the 3-way mount and proper adapter cable -- as a bundle.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Here's what worked for me

imagemagic.php

Hard plastic, white blends in with paintjob, the antenna screws in and out easily, 4 lag scews very secure. $7.99

I got one for every ham antenna I use.
popup_image.php
popup_image.php