Dish option?

ChopperBill

I don't see that there is a manual satellite dish option on my Bighorn brochure. Can anyone tell me if it is available as an option yet?

ChopperBill

Guess the answer is no. Dealer said he has an outside expert satellite man to the installs. Wouldn't be a bad idea. He could go around and make sure it all worked as it should.

phranc

chopper .. On ours there is a length of coax in the attic . one end is connected to a "F" connector in the docking center. The other end is loose in the attic.. Supposed to facilate the install of a roof dish.. Hope this helps

ChopperBill

I noticed there are 2 satellite connections at the docking station. It dosn't say which is which. I am just confused as how they can go from the roof to the docking station to your TV's.

phranc

Hi Chopper Bill.. My take on this is ,,, 1 'F' connector goes to the LR entertainment center and the other 'F' connector goes to that loose coil of coax in ceiling.
If you were to install a dish on the roof ,you would use the coil of coax in the ceiling to connect to the dish, Then you would screw on a jumper from one 'F' conn to the other 'F' conn that is located in the dockin sta.. This will feed sat signal from roof to LR entertainment center..

Tom of Ypsi

Go up to the Landmark Tech area and look under Satellite Installation, Jim has done a great job of explaing and diagraming the system. I am pretty sure the Landmark and Big Horn are the same for the satellite system.