Handicapped? Handicapper? Who? Me?

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Ok, Jim asked me to do a little blurb about myself. Those of you that have been exposed to me...or overexposed...may wonder how I can do anything little.

I'm a Vietnam Vet. First, last and always I will always be a Vietnam Vet. All of my friends were either WWII or Korean War Vets. One built the Alaskan Highway. Another was in the Cuban Blockade. Still another was a P-38 Pilot in the Pacific. I've got kinfolk planted all over the world courtesy of this nations wars. Heck, I've even got one up in Goliad. He was executed by Santa Anna's boys along with Fannin and 340 others. So, I guess you can see there ain't a lot ot "backup" in my family.

A couple of years ago, I cut my foot, got a bone infection and the doctors started whittling. By the time they got finished....I was missing my left leg above my knee. Because of a new ruling from the VA, finally wound up with a 350% rating payable at 100%. And, then the skies opened, God was in his heaven and all was right with the world. I got help getting my RV and I got help getting the tow vehicle. Life is good.

So, what does this have to do with being "handicapped?" I dunno....I'm not handicapped. If you want to see handicapped go out and visit the new boys at the VA. Compared to them I'm ready to run a marathon. You can either give up, throw yourself a pity party...or you can take what you got left and do something with it. This ain't a tragedy...it's an inconvenience.

So, I want to take this forum and show you what can be done with an RV today to make it easier. Not more accessible, not handicapable....but, easier.

You can't expect the world to roll over on it's back and whimper 'cause you lost a pin.

So, c'mon with me. I'll show you how...and maybe you can show me a thing or two. I'm open to suggestions, recommendations and observations...let's go take a look.

irvin56

BRAVO and thanks

I'm along for the ride and to live, learn, and appreciate what you have done in the past and what your venture ahead is

ALTHOUGH I AN A CANADIAN YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO SERVED HELP US ALL FOR WHAT WE HAVE TODAY.

OUR FREEDOM AND CHOOSES OF LIFE STYLES

SO THANK YOU ONE AND ALL

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Way to go Lefty. Life is a journey and you can't turn back.
From another Vietnam vet, WELCOME HOME!!

We'll meet at the Virginia rally.

truknutt

Committed Member
Awesome!

pmmjarrett is almost done with his new haulin' rig so maybe your pictoral journey will tide us over until the Spring! Remember, the Virginia Rally is early in April so don't procrastinate to long! :eek:

See ya' down the road.

jnbhobe

Lefty; I will be all eyes and ears, It will be interesting.I served in the NAVY from 1965 thru 1967 but not in the war zone.I'm watching & listening,maybe comenting ?? JON :cool: :cool:

Paul & Nan

My DH served the USN for 22 years, retiring in 1980. Understand where you come from and respect your service.Also, a very good friend, owner of a SOB, is very ill, retired Mariene officer . Prayers are needed for him and his wife, my very best friend. Nan May God Bless

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I'm along for the ride and to live, learn, and appreciate what you have done in the past and what your venture ahead is

ALTHOUGH I AN A CANADIAN YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO SERVED HELP US ALL FOR WHAT WE HAVE TODAY.

OUR FREEDOM AND CHOOSES OF LIFE STYLES

SO THANK YOU ONE AND ALL

What a lot of people don't know is that there are a lot of Canadian Vietnam Vets...so, I appreciate your thanks...and appreciate those guys too.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Way to go Lefty. Life is a journey and you can't turn back.
From another Vietnam vet, WELCOME HOME!!

We'll meet at the Virginia rally.

Welcome home to you too....I'll be up there early Saturday morning. I don't want to move my RV. We should...should...be in construction mode about the time of the rally.

Did someone mention food?

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Awesome!

pmmjarrett is almost done with his new haulin' rig so maybe your pictoral journey will tide us over until the Spring! Remember, the Virginia Rally is early in April so don't procrastinate to long! :eek:

See ya' down the road.

pmmjrrett will NEVUH be finished with that rig....I've talked to the guy quite extensively...and he's the type to build his mother in law a house after work.I think his wife heats dinner over a cutting torch.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Arrrrrrrrrrrrr....... Isn't that Laminate flooring gonna be slick with a wooden leg.
pegleg.jpg

Of course there are ways to gain a little extra traction.;)
pegleg1.jpg

Just don't use the one that's been sitting in yer wallet for the last 30 years.... prolly dry rotted from lack of use.None:D

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Arrrrrrrrrrrrr....... Isn't that Laminate flooring gonna be slick with a wooden leg.
pegleg.jpg

Of course there are ways to gain a little extra traction.;)
pegleg1.jpg

Just don't use the one that's been sitting in yer wallet for the last 30 years.... prolly dry rotted from lack of use.None:D

Well...yeah...uh huh....uhh..uhhhhh....if I do this right won't need a drill...just put a mandrel in the tip...and spin.

Wonder if I could get a patent on the concept?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Lefty, well said. We can only stand back and admire the people that have served our country. Some have fallen and gave their all and some have lost some parts. Some people just don't get it. All they do is stand around and complain about everything while someone is giving their life so they can whine and complain. I never served, I was in between wars I guess. I did have 2 uncle's that served on carrier's in WWII. They told some of the horror story's. So Lefty to you and all that have served us and kept us safe, thank you and God bless you. Bob and Patty

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
That's what I like to hear. Somebody that can turn what most would see as a disability into a valuable asset:)

BTW, where ya gonna put the hamburger press.

Draco Dog

Lefty, so nice to hear from you.

I was in the U.S. Navy from 1964 to 1967. Right in the height of the Viet Nam era. I was stationed @ Quonset Point, RI.

I love our country and always will, but my heart went out to the service men and women that served in Viet Nam. Many of those brave service people were not treated very well when they came home.

As a female sailor, I didn't feel it so much; but, many of the male sailors did.

Some of our citizens had better wake up and realize why they have all the benefits of living in our great country.

Take Care.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Lefty, so nice to hear from you.

I was in the U.S. Navy from 1964 to 1967. Right in the height of the Viet Nam era. I was stationed @ Quonset Point, RI.

I love our country and always will, but my heart went out to the service men and women that served in Viet Nam. Many of those brave service people were not treated very well when they came home.

As a female sailor, I didn't feel it so much; but, many of the male sailors did.

Some of our citizens had better wake up and realize why they have all the benefits of living in our great country.

Take Care.

The military are heroes when needed and a drag on the economy when not. Civilians usually treat them as machines...war starts...take one off the shelf, dust him off, sober him up and point him at the enemy....take another one off the shelf...

My brother informed me that he had to work for his money...the Army gave me mine. Say what?? Yeah, sitting around in tropical settings, being fanned by native women...and eating bon-bons. All for the princely sum of 35 cents an hour. For years at a time..and when the polticiaans decide, we get to do it all over again....for 40 cents an hour. We gotta show them we are worth the extra nickle.

Thanks for your service. Last time I checked, they weren't drafting women those days. So, you must have been a special lady to throw your lot in with the pariah dogs of the 60's.

I just hope there won't be any pariah dogs of the 2000's.

Welcome home.