coby 937 issue

jlivet

Bought our 2008 3300sk in april of 2008, took out 3 weekends during the summer for a shakedown and found a few problems leaking slide had rear floor wet when towing the rain, 110 outlet did not work on living room slide and since dealer was 125 miles away, fixed myself. Now after playing 3 DVDs I find the Coby 937 freezes while playing, we are now in Florida for the winter and won't be back in Ohio until after warranty is up. Please advise what I should do?:(

geeksrus

I just replaced my Colby (piece of crap) with a Panasonic system (cost $200)... what a difference.

Eh!

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
jlivet, I would contact customer service and advise them of the problem and have them document it in your file. We done this with a leaking slide and had it fixed the next time we went through Elkhart.

Don

D

Dave Willis

I will forward this to our service department and have them get in touch with you. We have dealers in Florida who can do the service work for you. Our service dept. phone # is 877-262-8032

Thanks,

Dave

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
You can contact Heartland customer service. If your DVD player is defective while in warranty we will get you a new one. It is always better to go through a dealership though. You can find the closest dealer to you by going to www.heartlandrvs.com and click on the dealer locator tab or you can give us a call and we can assist in finding a dealer nearest you.

Taz Devil

I had the same problem and I live about 3 hrs from my dealer. They got my info and had Heartland send the new unit (new one is not a coby either) directly to my home address and all I had to do is put the old one in the box and return it back to Heartland. Didn't cost me anything. Where in Fl are you staying?

Kevin

jlivet

Taz Devil: We are in Port Richey and called the closest dealer in Dover and originally said to give them the model #,serial# of the Coby and vin # of our 5th wheel and they would start warranty papers with Heartland and I could just bring the dvd and exchange when they got a replacement. Then they wanted me to bring the whole 5th wheel and when I asked why I had to bring the 5r for just a DVD they said I would have to bring the DVD and they would have to check it then get with Heartland for a replacement. This would require 2 trips to Dover 80 miles round trip each way and I don't think the unit is worth the experience.

D

Dave Willis

Please get with our service dept and see if they can help you out with problem.
Service Dept #: 877-262-8032.

Thanks,

Dave

gsbainter

Ok, at least I know I am not alone. we bought our 2008 Sundance 2800RLS in September and it has the Coby in it. On our trip last weekend, we played 2 movies and both skipped. Tried them at home and they were fine. I have to agree that this Coby unit is very cheap. Just as bad as the Concertone unit in my last rig (Forest River). What is it with RV manufacturers putting these sub par units in their rigs. No one is asking for top of the line, just a decent unit. I will contact customer service also to see about getting a replacement. Do I need the serial number of the Coby Unit? Or just the serial number of my Sundance?

Thanks,

geeksrus

Ok, at least I know I am not alone. we bought our 2008 Sundance 2800RLS in September and it has the Coby in it. On our trip last weekend, we played 2 movies and both skipped. Tried them at home and they were fine. I have to agree that this Coby unit is very cheap. Just as bad as the Concertone unit in my last rig (Forest River). What is it with RV manufacturers putting these sub par units in their rigs. No one is asking for top of the line, just a decent unit. I will contact customer service also to see about getting a replacement. Do I need the serial number of the Coby Unit? Or just the serial number of my Sundance?

Thanks,

On my previous Cardinal 5er, I had a Concertone. Never had a problem. IMHO it is much better than the Coby junk.

Eh!

D

Dave Willis

All you will need is the last 6 digits of the serial number and service will be able to help you.

Thanks,

gsbainter

I called customer service and they referred me to Ray's RV (Sacramento area) as they are the closest to me. My dealer is 3 1/2 hours away. I had dealt with Ray's previously as I had bought a used TT in 07 from them. They were always great to deal with. However, they have downsized big time due to the economy and for service work, there is a 6 week lag time. However, I am just bringing in the Coby head unit to drop off. They are fine with that. So I don't have to wait.

LaurieK

DVD problems

Heartland sent us two DVD players before we finally got one that worked but they mailed it to us so we didn't have to travel 80 miles to get it replaced. The last one they sent was a Coby and it does work but I don't have high hopes for it lasting many years.

gsbainter

Hey,

I went to Ray's RV in Sacramento today to drop off my Coby unit and was told that they couldn't help me because their Service Department was closing as of next Monday for at least 30 days and perhaps longer due to the bad economic times. They have already closed two of their three locations but the sales just aren't strong enough to justify the Service department staying open. They were really apologetic. Anyway, they referred me to Chris Delapaz at Heartland Customer Service. I called him and told him what was going on. He got permission to reimburse me up to $250 for replacement of the unit. I just have to go out and get one myself which is fine with me. He was great on the phone! I was really impressed with his ability to make this work for me. Thanks Heartland!

jlivet

Heartland came thru for me, could not be happier they sent a new unit within 3 days and problem solved. Thank You Heartland, great service!