Bent shocks?

creeper

Anyone have bent shocks?

At the end of the shock body my shocks are bent down on the threaded portin. IT almost looks like it's designed that way, until I saw cracked paint at the bottom end.

3 of my shocks look bent. The curb side more so then the drivers side.

Forrest Fetherolf

Creeper,

Shocks mounted at a 45 deg or greater angle from vertical are worthless. Since 3 of the 4 are bent, I'd throw all 4 away and grind off the upper brackets. Many have complained about tires rubbing the shocks and/or brackets, and shocks rubbing the frame. I installed flat washers as spacers on lug bolts between brake drums and wheels to get enough clearance to eliminate tire rubbing. When my shocks bend, are damaged, or start leaking...........in the trash they go and will not be replaced.

Forrest

TXBobcat

Fulltime
When the spring broke on my Bighorn, it bent the shocks as well. When Lippert came to replace the springs they said that I could travel. The shocks really didn't do much over all. When I had new tires installed so I could continue to a campground I did have to make sure they balanced the tires.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Our 2007 Bighorn didn't come with shocks. Lie most have said, shocks at that angle are pretty much extra weight anyway. I'm thinking they may get bent when the axles are twisting while maneuvering into tight spots or tight turning situations. Those axles move quite a bit.