New 3670RL - On the Road!!

rickbsgu

rickbsgu
New BigHorn 3670RL - On the Road!!

I've held off posting in this section until I was officially underway - I've posted other places over the last two weeks with questions, tech issues, etc while the trailer was being worked on.

That consisted of pulling a generator from an older unit and having it mounted - (fit like a dream, thank you very much.) Ditto with a 2000 watt Heart Interface Inverter.

Did a lot of work to the truck, as well ('97 F350,CC,SRW,4x4,7.3 PowerStroke Diesel) - Banks kit, Rickson wheels and tires (those over the last few years to handle the camper), a B&W Turnover Ball and Companion Hitch, and finally, a transmission build to handle the trailer. A bit of a project, but it's paid for.

The 3670RL is a big unit and I have to admit I was a bit trepidous about the whole affair, but when we finally got it all together - tows like a dream!! A bit of a challenge to maneuver it into a park, but that goes with the territory with a big unit.

So, I've been hanging out in the Oasis RV Park in Mesquite, NV, peeling off stickers and tags and otherwise reading manuals and turning everything on and off and back on again. There are three or four other Heartland trailers here, I notice - a couple of smaller BigHorns and a Big Country.

From here, it's down to Quartzsite and see how the dry camping works.

Cheers to all and look forward to seeing you on the road,
rickb

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Congrats Rick. Ain't it great to be on the road? It's a great feeling also to put a lot of effort into a project and finally get to use it. Enjoy your travels and stay safe.

rickbsgu

rickbsgu
So, here I am, in Quartzsite. Nice and warm down here. Got here after dark, so I'll sleep in it folded up, tonight, and re-situate it in the AM.