Thought on 'L-Shaped' counter units

rickbsgu

rickbsgu
Have a 3670RL and love all the counter space. And those big, deep stainless sinks are wonderful.

However, as I'm working in it, I realize I'd be more overjoyed if the sink and the stove were swapped.

I don't know what the design considerations would be - possibly a hood over the open stove. And running gas lines, etc., although it doesn't seem like it would be that big a deal, from a lay perspective.

Something to think about, anyway.

rickb
------
Happy owner of new 3670RL!!

nhunter

I believe one of the original Landmarks had the sink in the slide and they had problems with breaking plumbing. I believe your plumbing would also be warmer in the middle than on an outside wall.

jbeletti

Sinks are still used in slides in certain models - with success.

In my '05 Landmark Mt Rushmore, HL had to repair my sink drain hose. Too stiff a hose was used initially and it leaked at the transition to PVC. They anchored down the transition point to remove flex stress on the joint. No problems thereafter.

My '09 Landmark Pinehurst has the sink in the slide. No problems with that in the first heavy season of use.

Jim

nhunter

Sinks are still used in slides in certain models - with success.

In my '05 Landmark Mt Rushmore, HL had to repair my sink drain hose. Too stiff a hose was used initially and it leaked at the transition to PVC. They anchored down the transition point to remove flex stress on the joint. No problems thereafter.

My '09 Landmark Pinehurst has the sink in the slide. No problems with that in the first heavy season of use.

Jim
My bad. I thought they had moved them all out of the slides.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Putting the stove out on the L-counter where the sink is might be a safety hazard. Coming in from outside with bags, etc., and set one too close to a lit burner... Little ones running around while you're cooking placing their hands where they shouldn't or you bumping a pot with your elbow as you pass.