gray tank sensor

jlivet

on my 08 Sundance my #1 gray tank after dumping still read 1/3 full, anyone have any ideas. (#1 is the water from my shower):confused:

creeper

Replace the gauges. They get all messed up with the junk that goes in the tank. I replaced mine with SeaLevel gauges and I am very happy. I now know how much I really have in there.

In a recent trip our old gauges, which I left in, our black tank went quickly to 2/3 full. Which we would be looking to empty if we were on the road. The SeaLevel read 6%. We then used the tank for the next week and half and the old gauges stayed on 2/3 the whole time and the SeaLevel just slowly went up. The OEM gauges are not very accurate. I had the same problem with my motor home.

jnbhobe

sensors

jlivet; They are in the side of the tank, nothing to mess with !! They are not reliable !! Unless your doing like Creeper and doing it the right way.There are posts about cleaning the sensors,you can do a search. I think one way to clean them is to add calgon fabric softner and some water and let it slosh around. For the black tank add some ice to the mixture helps loosen everything. JON :eek: :eek:

creeper

To get to the tanks, I'm just guessing as I'm not familiar with the sundance, is to remove the bottom cover. Then you will see the tanks and the sensors will be on the side.

I've done the GEO Method, which involves using laundry detergent and water softner. It will usually clean off a sensor that is totally out of wack, but by nature they are cheap OEM stuff and never reliable. Even on the more expensive methods they don't work.

I installed the Sealevel which is external and is not effected by waste materials. You can check out what I did on the link below.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=7876