RECLINERS 3055 2009 Big Horn

kinzu

Purchased my first Heartland rv, [after doing studys for the past 5yrs on their product.] received rv in oct...first trip was to Fl. Talked 3 of my friends into buying a bigh horn. three of us purchased ours at Wilkins Rv ..Bath NY,1 onther friend bought his in Fl. after using my rv for a month i have encountered some design flaws...I am very dissapointed with the recliners both recliners are leaning do to poor construction..also why would Heartland put recliners in that are not wall hugger type?

Removed rear under covering to find wires not tied up was a mess. while under their found that tv cable connections were only half tightened and about to come disconnected..

Now back to the recliners.just used chairs for one month.both chairs are now leaning .Is their a warrnty on these,could i get a replacement on these ?? And would prefer a differnt type that would last longer than 1 month? and are of the wall hugger type..

Overall i am very satisfied with my 2009 3055 Big Horn Kinzu krott@comcast.net

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Now back to the recliners.just used chairs for one month.both chairs are now leaning .Is their a warrnty on these,could i get a replacement on these ?? And would prefer a differnt type that would last longer than 1 month? and are of the wall hugger type..

Overall i am very satisfied with my 2009 3055 Big Horn Kinzu krott@comcast.net

Turn the chairs over and tighten up the nuts holding the chair to the pedestal. Mine did the same thing. No biggy.

navyAZ1

Same thing turn them over and tighten up the nuts. We are only using one of the recliners that came with ours I insisted when we went full time that I bring my "Lazy Boy" from the house. If traveling a lot we have the dining table at the back window and the couch where the dining table was and then the two recliners are where the couch originally was much better for watching TV. When we are set up somewhere for a long time we move the couch to the rear window and put the dining table back in it's original location, however all of this has to be moved to bring the slides in.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Long Story short. The furniture in these rigs is not designed to be used every day. We traded a neighbor in San Antonio our 2 Euro Recliners for 2 Recliners out of his brand new Mobile Scout. They lasted 2 years. We now have 1 Lazy Boy recliner and swapped out our sofa bed for a double reclining love seat. NO regrets yet. We have the original furniture in our storage unit and plan on putting it back in the trailer if & when we sell.

Rickhansen

Both my recliners leaned badly. The arm on one was also leaning further out than the seats were. It was more than loose nuts though. Emailed numerous pictures to Heartland and Flair. Flair shipped us two new recliners under warranty, no charge. They donated the old ones to a local charity.

Barry & Alana

recliners

You might want to contact Jimtoo on this forum. He also has the 3055 and purchased 2 really nice lazyboy leather recliners. He has pitcures of them he can post. I have seen them, on the website here. Since we also were thinking about changing our recliners in our unit - we think he has a good choice there.

azbound

I'm not sure if any 5ver manufacturers put wall huggers in thier units. I know Keystone doesn't, either did NUWA or Jayco. Some of it goes to cost and some to weight. I do know some folks are taking out thier standard recliners and putting in after market wall huggers.

Just my thoughts.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
One of the recliners in my 3055 finally broke just before we traded it in on an '09 3370RL. The chairs in the new trailer are much better than the old ones, but we figure to replace them at some point in the future.

We looked at the Lazy Boy store and only found a few models that are slim enough to fit the trailer. The one we liked best is one called a Pinnacle.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We have two Lazy Boy Wall huggers. They are light and easy to move around for long stays. Also a lazy boy recliner's back comes off and makes it easy to get about any size chair through the door. Bigger problem is will if fit in the slide or place where the original were located..

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Euro Recliners

We are having the same problem with the bolts coming loose. We have to tighten them every time we go camping. Do you think I could get a replacement from Heartland? The pedestal seems to be putting too much stress on the mounting plate/bolts, thus working them loose. :mad:

We have the same issues with our recliners in the Big Horn 3055. They both lean & the dealer said there is nothing they can do with furniture after initial delivery. I will try tighten the bolts and hope that does the trick. The furniture in these units is not the quality one would expect for what they cost these days.

cjbearden

Visitor
Whoever supplies the recliners needs to start redesigning something that works better. The supplied recliners do not work for really tall and/or large people or people with disability issues. The curvature of the back is all wrong for my spine and once the footrest is lifted, it takes an act of congress to get the footrest lowered and me out of the chair (I also have limited mobility and balancing issues so I cannot stand and kick back on the footrest to make it stay in). Thus, we immediately discarded the recliners provided and only use one wall hugger Lazboy for DH. I use a dining chair while sitting at my desk or sit on the sofa (when the fur kids allow it).

I agree for the price we pay for these rigs, furniture quality for comfortable sitting or sleeping is not what we expected. From all that has been written in this forum, sure sounds to me like an awful lot of us are changing out furniture either on purchase or soon thereafter. My two cents - I would rather pay for quality up front than have that be one more after-market item with which we have to contend. No whining here, just the facts!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I bought my trailer from a Dealers lot. But if I were going to order one I would have them not include chairs. Why pay for them twice. I could not sit in the orginal chairs without getting back pain. I bit the bullet and bought the Lazy Boys..

azbound

When I ordered our 5ver I ordered the euro chairs. When we did the PDR DW noticed one of them leaned to the side. The dealer contacted Heartland and they shipped a new one. First trip out was an extended stay for 2 months. One of the chairs completely collapsed in the seat area. Still under warranty the dealer contacted Heartland, they had them contact Flair. Flair shipped another new chair. Warranty is now out and we are shopping for wall hugger. We are leaving for Arizona 1/25 so I guess the wall Hugger will have to wait until spring. We did see a real nice leather one at Lazy Boy but to get our color would take over a month. Next spring we will keep shopping , might even find a better deal. a Thousand buck a chair seemed a bite steep. Any and all suggestion welcomed.

Good luck with that Goldenbetty! We have the stock recliners, one of which leans..and upon consulting with the dealer..who consulted with Heartland, who in turn consulted with the manufactureer..we were told this "lean" was within tolerable design limits. How is that for a cop out? Interested in the comments on here about tightening bolts. I did plan to turn the thing over to see what I could do with it. Perhaps Heartland should review it's manufactureer regarding these chairs! Jim..what say you!!

J

jjjelm

Hi! We were able to remove the two big recliners that came with our BH 3055RL and replaced them with much lighter IKEA Prang chairs with footstool....fit much better in back window area when going down the road and also have washable zip off covers and weigh much less than the big recliners that came with the unit.
<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/progress.gif​