Dayton RV Super Show

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
It's coming up this weekend. The Dayton RV Super Show January 16-18. Normally this show runs (2) weekends in a row. Looks like the economy is hurting the shows too. Also shows some dealers that are not even in business anymore so it will be interesting to see who really showsup. I will probably go on Sunday, I want to talk with the owners of the Dayton KOA to see if they will give us a break on camping for our Ohio Rally in May.

Mark

Tom of Ypsi

Mark,

You should be able to get a price break at this KOA. We have stayed there when the International Trap Shooting contest was in the area. Pretty nice park but when we were there they had kids showing everyone to their sites and they did not know where the sites were. They had me trying to back in on a angle lot coming in from the wrong way after driving around the cg for 10 minutes looking for our spot.

mrcomer

Hey Tom,
Ya I am aware of the young help they have there. My parents took us there for many years while we were growing up. I have taken my family there a few times also. They are a bit on the high side but it is a really nice park.

Mark

mrcomer

update

Linda and I went to the show on Sunday and were pleased to see Jim May Rv representing Heartland. They had a Cyclone, Landmark Augusta,Bighorn and many other Hearltand products there. We obviously went through the Augusta and just sat down. It was nice to see the reactions of the people coming in. Most people would say "Wow" or "OH". They were generally pleased with the unit. That made us feel pretty good. We also saw Tom Raper RV there. They also carry the Heartland line but only had North Country product at the show. One salesman said that he really liked the Heartland products and is optimistic. Like he would say anything else DUH!

Mark

mrcomer

When we were there Sunday at 11:00 when they opened it was not too busy. I talked to some people there and they said that Saturday was very busy. As far as vendors go, not too many in the way of campgrounds, parts and nick nacks but as for dealers there were enough to fill the building.

Mark