3300rlb generator?

thomasinnv

i am preparing to purchase a 3300rlb this spring, and have some question about installation of a generator. i have taken measurements of the front compartment and have found that the choices of generators that will fit are very limited. The front compartment deck height is lower than the deck height of the pass through compartment, and where the two transition there is a steel beam of some kind, either a c or z channel i beleive. can this be altered in any way or would it remove too much of the structural integrity? i already have an rv generator that i would like to use, but the depth is about 2 inches more than the depth of the front compartment. any ideas? i am trying to avoid spending thousands more on another generator when i already have one. if at all possible to get a picture of the area without the decking on would be great.

D

Dave Willis

I am checking with our service dept. to see if they any idea on how to make this work for you. You might also want to contact Lippert Components to see if they have any ideas for you. Our Service Dept. # is 877-262-8032. Jim Fenner is our Heartland contact person.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
I cannot recommend cutting any of the steel structure out of the unit. You could call Lippert and send them a photo, they would be best fit to verify what structural issues cutting that out would cause. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Lippert's service # is 866-524-7821