Heat fix!

jaubry

jaubry
Hi,

I as many other, had not heat in the front bedroom. I took the stairs off and took out about 20" of extra flex pipe. I added a deflector that i made using a piece on tin and changed the registers to the ones that can close. After all this i went from having less than 100CFM to almost 800CFM of HOT air coming out in the bedroom.

I hope this helps
JY

jaubry

jaubry
Deflector

When you remove the step to the bedroom, remove the flex pipe from the duct. Add the deflector in the end of the duct deflecting the air upwards. This will increase the air flow in the main bedroom.

I hope this helps
JY

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Isn't the 'extra' flex pipe going into the underbelly to send hot air there. If it is then when you move it you will not have hot air going to the basement and underbelly. That is how mine is heated.

jaubry

jaubry
The extra flex pipe came from the fact it is too long. On the Sundance the underbelly is heated right from the furnance. There is a flex pipe right from the furnance down to the underbelly.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Okay, just wanted to be sure....My Landmark has a flexpipe from the furnace to the underbelly to take the heat there.

cj11302000

I read too about how the ducting gets all pinched under the stairs and the space cut by the factory was too small. I took off the stairs and sure enough, the space cut for the two ducts was too small and they were being pinched. I cut the space bigger and laid them side by side with no pinching or weird turns. I did noticed some extra hose and didn't really think of cutting it shorter...I may try that. I just ordered three floor registers that have adjustable dampers so we can close them down a bit. The kids bunk room on our 2997BHS gets so hot because it so close to the furnace and has the shortest duct run...we need to turn that one down. Good tips!