When is it coming?

nscaler2

Hi,
My wife and I ordered a Bighorn 3055RL with Woodland Fawn interior through J&J RV, your dealer in Iola Kansas. They said that the order was placed on February 20. I just spoke to them today and they said they had no idea of when the unit would deliver as of now. I am not in a real hurry, however it would be nice to have a rough idea of when this unit will deliver since we are 120 miles from the dealer. Thanks for you help.

Thomas Kneib

tcbrady

Hi Thomas,

Your unit comes off-line on April 3 - I would expect the unit to be at J&J RV by April 10.

Hope this helps!

K

Ken Washington

Why do dealers not know how to find this information for their customers! Maybe it would be a good idea for Heartland to fax this info. to their dealers as soon as it is known. I will bet that if a dealer orders a unit for it's inventory, they know when to expect it to be shipped!

nscaler2

Coley,
Thanks for the quick response. It is greatly appreciated. Know ahead of time when the unit will arrive, allows us to make plans to be there when the PDI is done. With the dealer being 120 miles from our home I want it done right the first time. Again thanks for the great service. Yes this does help!

Thomas Kneib

Scott

Just an FYI

Just thought I'd chime in here. The fact is, knowing when a coach is going to be completed is not an exact science. It is not as simple as putting information into a system and having it spit out an exact time.
For example, over the last month, we have experienced everything from a rash of employee sickness to parts back-ordered from our suppliers to materials that did arrive but did not meet Heartland's quality expectations, so we refused them, etc.
The result is there are times when our expectations are not met when it comes to the number of units we can produce each day. Our guys and gals are real good about giving it everything they have, even working Saturdays when needed, but there are a lot of circumstance beyond their control.
That being said, we are usually good within a week or so of when we state a scheduled shipping date.
And with some of the transport issues that we face in the RV industry (shortage of quality drivers), there are times when units going far from IN take longer than normal to get there. I had the general manger of a transport company in my office to day and he said that some trips to the West Coast were taking more than 12 days because of the weather and roads closing in the Rockies.
That's the honest truth. All of these are factors that keep us from being able to nail down exactly when a coach is going to arrive in any given city.
We will do our best to help our customer plan their pick-up trips.
And I would also suggest that you give the dealer a day or so with the coach so they can go through their complete PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) and make sure they are ready for the retail delivery.
There's my 2 cents.
ST

nscaler2

Scott,
Thanks for the clarification. No real hurry hear. We just wanted to have an idea of when it would be complete. Being 120 miles from the dealer, we need to inform our respective employers approximately when we will be gone, I figure it will take a whole day to pick it up and bring it home. Also we want to be there for the PDI. 120 (240 roun trip)miles is a long way to drag the thing back to fix things that should have been caught in the first place. So we would like to be there for the whole PDI not just a walk thru. Some others on this board have a very good check list to go through to make sure things are right. Again, thanks for the quick reply and clarification.

All the best.
Tom

davebennington

nscaler2,
We too live a good ways from the dealer(about 2 1/2 hours). If I may make a suggestion take along a video camera and tape the entire process this helps later when you ask your wife/husband what did they say?
Also things are said/promised at that time you now have documentation what really happened. You might have to ask if the dealer will let you do this for whatever reason some don't.

Dave:D

nscaler2

Dave,
Great suggestion about the video camera. Thanks. I have spoken to them and they said that it is alright. I can't imagine why a dealer would sa not to this, unless they have something to hide.
Tom and Bobbi