Good Sam Caradventures

TTrox

Not sure this is proper place for this post, however here goes. Picked up a brochure at Denver show about GS Caradventures. I am interested in hearing from people who have gone on these, especially the Alaska trip. Appreciate any comments.

TTrox

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
TTrox
Alaska is not a "scary" place to go by yourself. Just do the research and go have a great time. The Milepost book trip planner for Alaska is one of the better ones. Also the Travelers guide to Alaska by Mike and Terry Church is very good.
Just remember that it is along drive and take your time for the once in a life time trip
Good luck

SmokeyBare

I agree with Sailorand... It's a trip you should make and on your own pace and own schedule. The beauty of this type of trip... is the opportunity to explore and learn about the last Frontier.

Just think... you've driven for quite a ways... your somewhat saddle sore... then you arrive at Liard River Hot Springs Provincial Park... you set up... make your way to the River... stick your big toe in the warm soothing waters... a big sigh of relief escapes from deep inside you some where... as you walk down the steps into the oh so warm water.... ahhhh yes... thinking how nice it would be to spend a couple days here just getting some of the road kinks out... before you continue on... Oh Shucks... the Caravan starts out early in the morning... they have a schedule to keep... Darn it all to...

We made the trip in 2005... we took a month to get through Canada... we spend the next month and half in traveling around Alaska... It is a trip I hope to one day do again.

Not only the mile post... there is one more book I'd suggest you look at... Traveler's Guide to Alaskan Camping: Alaska and Yukon Camping by Terri Church.

The Mile Post is perfect for those who travel exactly as it's written... but if your co-pilot is anything like mine... following the book out of order got confusing.

How ever you happen to travel... don't try doing it on a short trip... expect to spend a lengthy time traveling... and have an Adventure of a life time.