King Pin Tripod

svd

Will I need a king pin tripod for our new 3400RL? What is everyones experience? Thanks, Steve

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
We purchased one for our previous 5er, so we continue to use it on our Bighorn. We can tell the difference when it is used and when it is not. We got ours from Camping World who had a sale on at about $99.

I have read other posts who recommend the tripod versus the bipod.

Tom of Ypsi

I have a tripod and never use it with the Landmark. I have the Trail Air hitch and do not use it. If anyone going to the rally would like to buy one I will have it with me and will sell it for a real cheap price, make an offer, plus shipping is free:D.

BluegrassMan

Tripods

Hi Guy's n' Gal's:

I didn't have a tripod with my last 5ver (triple axel), and it seemed to bounce. Besides I'm not light footed, With our GC, I bought one the day I picked the trailer up. I've used and not used it BOTH. I really didn't seem to notice any rock or bounce when not using it. But I have it, and will likely use it anyway.:rolleyes:

Tom of Ypsi

Denny, With your GC didn't it come with the trailair pin? If yours did like mine did I would think with the rubber in the pin box and shocks would have just enough give to negate the use of the tripod. That is why I am getting rid of my tripod.