Ford Performance

justbob

Any body out there using water-methanol injection on there pullers. Looks like it's best to come on about 70% throttle. I'm pulling with a 2005 1 ton srw crew cab short bed Ford 6 liter with 3.73 gears.

jpmorgan37

justbob;

I'd take that question here. I don't know if the head bolts or gaskets would stand it. I'm pulling with a 550 6.0, 4.88 & 19.5 tires. Edge EZ in #2 position and AFE cold air intake, and it does a fine job . I've never been tempted to go to #3. JMHO

John

boatdoc

I'd really think twice about throwing more HP's to the 6.ohno. Navistar only designed that engine for about 230 HP and Ford bumped it way up close to max as it is stock. I'd be looking for ARP headstuds before anything else.

justbob

I'd really think twice about throwing more HP's to the 6.ohno. Navistar only designed that engine for about 230 HP and Ford bumped it way up close to max as it is stock. I'd be looking for ARP headstuds before anything else.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll forget it now don't want to ruin the 6 liter. I thank this forum for all the excellent information that is available.