white pantry doors

judyq

white pantry drawers

this may have been covered, but when we open the pantry door, the drawers creep out. is there an adjustment that can be made to the rails that will keep these drawers in place.

cjbearden

Visitor
There should be a slide bolt latch at the top of the pantry pull out. Ours was missing on our former BH and had to have dealer install one. Tried to find a picture for you but couldn't. Someone else out there, please post a picture of your pantry door latch.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ours did the same thing at first. I will try to give my best description of my fix. Here goes. I noticed that the slide was positioned below the latch that prevents it from sliding out. If you look at the slide itself it is in two pieces and is somewhat adjustable. I slid the upper portion up so that is was up behind the latch. That worked fine for one trip. I again slid it back up to the correct position and installed a small screw in the slide to hold the two pieces in the correct position. Problem solved. Sorry no pics. It's -15 outside now but if the temp shoots up to around 0 I'll go out and take some. Hope this is the info you are looking for.
Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I went out and took some pics. You will see the latch that cjwigley spoke of. One pic before you will notice that the slide is below the latch. after raising and installing a screw notice it is now behind the latch.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 42
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 40

judyq

I finally got my DH to take the drawers apart and he found that the screws holding the rails in place were loose. He removed them and used longer screws. So far, the drawer stays in place when I open the pantry door. I am keeping my fingers crossed.