Temperature Setting In Frig?

navyAZ1

Hi All, I can't remember which way to slide the plastic clip on the fins at the rear of the frig to change the temp in the frig. I think if you slide it up it increases the temp but I'm not sure? Guess I'll try some trial and error stuff and see what happens.:confused:

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Just did this last night. As per Dometic service manual, up is colder and down is warmer. Make sure just the yellow tip of the thermostat wire is above the clip. Also allow 24 hours for temp reading.

Seems I asked the service guys to adjust it last time it was in as it seemed not to cool too well and now everything is freezing. Guess I got what I asked for. :)

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
Where is the plastic clip?

I'm not sure where this clip is located. Are the fins at the rear of the fridge on the inside of the unit or do you have to open the acces panel from the outside of the unit ? Checked my Dometic manual but could not find anything. :confused:

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
My 2009 3400RE has a cold button on the outside of the fridge, just above the freezer. It has readings 1-5, 5 being the coldest. It also tells me if we are using shore power, or propane.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Well now what shall I do? Is this a JimBo question? I went to the rig yesterday and there is a clip with a white cord on the right side . The clip moves but since the fridge wasnt on, I have no clue. Maybe I will look at my manual from Dometic and check it out. Unfortunately, anything remotely mechanical is Greek to me, but u gotta learn sometime.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Larry, just don't have our service guys adjust it. :)
Mine wasn't very cold even on the coldest setting and now since they "fixed" it, the refirgerator compartment freezes on the warmest setting. Will probably work great this summer when it's over 100, but right now frozen lettuce is pretty gross.