Suggestion for Heartland

Deb

Deb
We ordered a Bighorn 3055 last week and can't wait till it is here. We still haven't been able to see the inside of a 3055 with slides open. The only 3055 we were able to see was sold and had the slides in. And we drove a 170 miles to see the elusive 3055. My suggestion is for Heartland to post more pictures on their web site of all the models. I was constantly doing Google searches for the "Bighorn 3055" to find a dealer anywhere that had pictures posted. Sometimes I lucked out and was able to see a different angle etc. All in all, I think Heartland goes above and beyond to please the customer and you are building a quality product.

By the way, when will the RV Buyers University be up and running? I keep checking every so often.

Thanks for listening.

Deb

ChopperBill

I totally agree! And in the different decors also. I have almost worn out my mouse searching for floor plans and colors we would like to view! Our intent is also the 3055 and seems that it is the most popular. It should at least be on the Heartland web site.

Scott

Bighorn Photos

I'll tell you what, I'll see if I can track down a 3055 and snap some shots of it for the web.
In fact, as time goes on, I will try to capture the majority of the floorplans.

ST

nscaler2

Deb and ChopperBill,
I totaly agree with both of you. We sort of bought a pic in a poke also. We have a 3055RL on order, but have never really been in one. Only found photos on other dealer's sites. We played connect the dots to decide that the 3055 was the floor plan for us. Acutally there was one other manufacturer that has a floorplan almost exactly the same as a 3055 and after touring one of them we decided on the 3055 because Heartland appears to offer equivalent quality at a price almost $8000 less for the same amenities.

Tom and Bobbi

ChopperBill

Scott that would be great! We are lucky our dealer about 25 miles from here has a 3055 but not in the Camel Suede we want. Get to go look Saturday!

Deb said:
We ordered a Bighorn 3055 last week and can't wait till it is here. We still haven't been able to see the inside of a 3055 with slides open. The only 3055 we were able to see was sold and had the slides in.
Thanks for listening.

Deb
----------------------------------

You bought a trailer without first being inside of one?
How do you know you'll actually like the floorplan without walking/sitting in one?:rolleyes:

Scott

Turns out, there are no 3055 Bighorns around here. They are a rare bird indeed, and when they are built, they ship and when they land on the dealer's lot - they sell.
I'll get photos when we run them again.

ST

Deb

Deb
Bill,

Yes, we bought the 3055 without seeing the unit with slides extended. But that limited visit let us know that this was the one for us. We have seen a couple of other Bighorns. And knew the quality of those units. We were impressed with the construction. And like I said I searched the internet for months visiting (via the internet) any dealer that had the 3055. When we ordered the unit - I had a million questions for the man. I even wanted to know the size of the cabinets. I was trying to get a feel of where I would be storing our stuff. Our dealer has been very patient with us. He sent fabric samples and they look totally different than they do on Heartland's web site. We ordered the Camel Suede, without the decorator pillows as I will make pillows and bring in other colors. We will order a yard or so of the fabric if I decide that I need it down the road. Guess I better decide quick before they make a fabric design change.

I don't know how much work it is to put those virtual tours on the Heartland web site. But a virtual tour of the 3055 would be better than pictures.

One other suggestion. Show more pictures with the cabinet doors open. I wondered for months what that cabinet on the kitchen counter top was all about.

Thanks Scott - we really appreciate the work that you do, and that you take the time to explain the process of manufacturing.

Deb

Last edited:

ChopperBill

I know about the fabric deal! Looked at another brand that has "Tabasco" interior. Looked kind of strange on the internet and thought that it sure would be gaudy. Saw it in person. Wow! We totally fell for it. Looked great and livened up to whole rig. If the BH deal goes through there will be at least two Camel Suede 3055's on order. Wife has the same thing with throwing other colors into the mix. Unless some other decor does the Wow! factor to us. Kind of doubt it though, too many flowers, ferns and grapes out there in RV land!