Two awnings on a 3612

gyvaldez

I purchased a 2009 Razor 3612 about six months ago. It came with one awning mounted in front of the slide out. I have not seen this same model and year with an awning mounted behind the slide out. Is it possible to mount an awning behind the slide out in order to go over the windows and rear door? And if it is possible, what maximum size of awning do you recomend for that location?

Thank you for your support,

gyvaldez

Smokeyfl

I had the dealer put 2 awnings on mine and it works well. I will have to measure the second awning tomorrow and will let you know the size.//heartlandowners.org/images/attach/jpg.gif

Attachments

• DSC03004.jpg
    DSC03004.jpg
    464.5 KB · Views: 48

gyvaldez

That would be great. From the picture it looks like a 15' awning. I think they measure from center to center of the vertical supports and that is the size of the awning. I read that somewhere but I'm not sure.
If you could measure from center to center and also the fabric itself it would greatly help me out. Also, did they need to modify the rail (the rail that the awning slides into) above the window in order to fit between the top of the window and the bottom of the roof ledge? I measured mine and I only have 1" of space.

I really appreciate you help,

gyvaldez

Smokeyfl

The awning is 14' from center to center of the supports. The cloth is about 8" shorter. There does not appear to be any modification of the rail, but it is hard to see. Where it is parked now, I can't open the awning. Hope this helps. Makes it a lot easier coming in and out in the rain!

I just reread your original post and think I measured the wrong awning. The rear awning is 15'. You have a good eye! The front awning is 14'

John

By the way, how is the weather down there. We are freezing our butts of in Maryland.

gyvaldez

John,

Thanks you so much. This will at least help me on pricing an awning. Now I know what size to look for and I know it can be done. You have a nice looking 5th wheel.

The weather here is not to bad now. I expect it to get very cold in Febuary. In December it was below zero most of the mornings and would go up to about 17 degrees for the high. Now it has been nice. About low 20s or teens at night and in the 50s during the day but Febuary is when we get most of our snow. I live about 7,500' above sea level so we have had standing snow for about two months. But if you are into snow sking then this is a great place. I am more into water sking so I need to wait a few months.
If you ever plan on coming this way let me know and I will fill you in on the good places to see and things to do.

Thanks,

gyvaldez