Questions

CGibson

I am not sure where to post these questions so if this post needs to be moved please feel free to do so.

1.) Our driver side plastic wheel fender has a crack almost all the way around the top, center screw. We are still under warranty, so is this something Heartland will replace or does it need to be replaced? I feel it does if for no other reason than cosmetics.

2.) We are planning on getting new tires this spring before our move from Alaska to Missouri. We looked on the wheels to see if they were okay to use with a G rated tire but could not find the max PSI marking we were told would be on there. We have the upgraded aluminum wheels. Can anyone tell me if these wheels will work for the type of tires we want?

Thank you,

jnbhobe

Gibson; Your fender flair is a warranty item. Do a search there are some posts about them. You may be missing a support bracket.As far as your wheels look on the inside of the spokes I think that is where it is forged or stamped.Its on one of the spokes. Hope this helps, JON :) :) ps MY son in law is USAF 23yr. E-8 stationed in DC. Thanks for YOUR SERVICE !!

grizzlygiant

I have the aluminum wheels on my BH 34R400RL (gvw 14500#) with Goodyear H614 tires which I run at 90 psi. The factory told me the rims were rated in excess of 100psi (I don't remember the exact rating except that it was over 100).

Big G

Big G
Gibson,
I've owned two Razors, both had the Aluminum mag wheels. (both 110psi rated) Like the others have said
you have to look on the back of the wheel, one of the spokes will have the PSI rating. A small mirror and
flashlight will work, it's too cold to crawl under in Alaska. haha
Good luck on the search.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Like the others have said you have to look on the back of the wheel, one of the spokes will have the PSI rating.

If it doesn't have the psi rating, then it will show 3750 for the weight rating if it can handle the G-rated tires. I have wheels that show it both ways, but not on the same wheel.

CGibson

Thanks for your replies. I will be calling Heartland to see if they can ship a fenderflair to us. I guess I will let my husband climb back under there again to see if he can find the PSI ratings or the weight rating.

Thanks again.

alaska dodge

My fender has the same cracks and it had one not in the screw area and this winter has spread out and now part is hanging

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I had a fender break also. Heartland sent me a replacement and when I installed it I put some silicone behind the fender and when you tighten the screw just tighten to where it does not move a lot but don't crank down hard. Let it flex.

I found on the back side of my aluminum rims a 100 stamped in the body. As stated above it looks like my rims can hold up to 100 psi. Now I have a question.... Is that the maximum or is that the pressure when cold. Once you start driving the pressure can go up quite a few lbs. I would assume the cold pressure....

beardedone

Beardedone
I'm not positive but I think there was another post on the forum about fender cracking and members coming up with a plan that used rubber grommets, or something like that, under the screw head. Do a search to see.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We have the Alluminum wheels as well and the Max. PSI is stamped on the inside of the rim/wheel. Ours is 110 PSI but so far all we have are 'E' rated tires which have a max of 90 PSI (different than most which are 80)..../Doug

CGibson

My husband went to look again and found the rating stamped on the wheel, so I assume we will be buying new tires before the move to Missouri.

Also, I sent Heartland an email about our fender cracks and within a week we got a new fender flare shipped to us by UPS. We appreciate their fast response.

Thanks for all of your help,

Last edited:

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Gibson,
We have a 2009 3400RE, with aluminum rims, and 6,000lb axles. As others have stated, after crawling under the rig, I saw on the inside rims, 3750 lbs, and G rated.
I have been contemplating ridding myself of those scary Chinese Mission tires after 12,000 miles luckily still with no trouble, but am hearing from tire stores 2 things to be noted. First, G rated tires are great, but really shake things up inside, and can cause a rough ride, as the Goodyear G614's are 14 ply and very stiff. Secondly, I was surprised to hear that many of the supposed great tires like Michelin E rated XPS 235/85/16's and the Goodyear G rated are being manufactured in China as well. Make sure yours aren't made there before purchasing. Sometimes you think you are getting a great deal, but in reality you are getting what you paid for.

ct0218

I haven't seen any XPS or G614 with a "Made in China" marking. The Goodyear Marathon-yes.