Fiber Glass walls

ChopperBill

Asking this on other forums so I thought I would also ask the man in charge.
The brochure lists "fiber glass side walls" as standard equipment and offers as an option "High gloss gel coat exterior glass" what is the difference? And is the standard as good as the option with out spending the extra cash?

ChopperBill

Thanks Jim! Guess I should have done a search! Now for the big question. How much more is it? But, I guess I can ask the dealer Saturday.

nhunter

I believe it is about $1500 but you can tell the difference from along ways away. Apparently is easier to keep clean with dust and whatnot.

Tom of Ypsi

If you want the ease of cleaning and lots of comments on how nice your rig looks and how much time do you spend washing and waxing go for the Gel Coat, you will not be sorry.

ChopperBill

Thanks, if this stuff is as good as advertised it should be standard equipment. Of course there goes the MSRP again!

ChopperBill said:
Thanks, if this stuff is as good as advertised it should be standard equipment. Of course there goes the MSRP again!
--------------------

Well, don't feel too bad. That Gel-Coat (all around) will help you out on the resale too. It's nice to sell a shiney looking trailer. Buyers like that look... None

Bill B. (Michigan)

svd

I like the looks of some units that have it. We bought a unit off the lot without the option. I did notice when I looked at units that had the option, the slightest imperfection really became visible (I can't remember whether that one was a Heartland or not). One of the dealers told me it added 500 lbs to the weight of the trailer, I would sure like to know if that is true! Seems hard to believe.
Steve

svd said:
I like the looks of some units that have it. We bought a unit off the lot without the option. I did notice when I looked at units that had the option, the slightest imperfection really became visible (I can't remember whether that one was a Heartland or not). One of the dealers told me it added 500 lbs to the weight of the trailer, I would sure like to know if that is true! Seems hard to believe.
Steve
------------------

Wouldn't surprise me a bit. It's very heavy stuff.
You still have to wash/wax your rig..