dewinterizing on the road

ceegee

We just purchased a Bighorn 3670 and will be leaving freezing temp. area for warmer temps in south Texas. We know how to dewinterize when we're home, but how do you do it on the road?:rolleyes:

Rmcgrath53

de winter

We just did that a couple weeks ago. I hooked up to the campground water , then turned all faucets on till no more pink. Then I made sure the valves were turned for the hot water bypass.Then the hot water tank filled. I then ran everything for a few minutes,shower, sinks, outside shower, flushed toilet. ect. Then I believe I turned the city water off and ran my pump and did the the same routine. If I did something backwards hopefully some onew will corect.
Ron Ps I think I filled my storage tank a bit first before I hooked to the city water connection. I didnt winterize that because I drained it for the season.

Just do it the same way nothing different, after I winterize my coach I open the bypass valves and then I'm ready for water in the spring. For some reason I get antifreeze back in my water heater (Think it come back through my holding tank hose). And I re-drained it while antifrezing. Run the hot side and ensure you flush the water heater. Sometime I have to check my Ice maker to ensure its getting water the hose in the rear gets kinked Have had it freeze and crake. One year I used spearmint flavor antifreeze had to run longer to get the flavor taste out of the water, won’t use it again. Have fun sounds like your in for another season of happy camping!
SonnyBeech