Fuse ? on Dodge

boatdoc

I was just reading over on RVnet that the Chevy guys must put a fuse in the fuse panel to send the charge back to the trailer. Being an x Ford guy and never having to do this and that it's dark outside and COLD, Is this required on the new Dodge?? Thanks guys

I surely think I'll have this SOB TV thing figured out in the next 20 years :D

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
You should have it already.

Dodge trucks havn't changed much since 2003 except the engine, trans & minor sheetmetal changes.

On my 2004.5 it's fuse #19 in the box located on the left fender well under the hood. It's a dedicated 20 amp labled "trailer battery" There are also a few dedicated fuses in there for trailer lights.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Only the early Chevy and GMC trucks came with the fuse not in place. It was in the UCD but not put in place. the owner was to put it in when needed. :D Bob

truknutt

Committed Member
Fords were the same way. My '03 F-350 (with factory towing package) had a plastic bag in the glove box that contained the maxi-fuse for the power distribution box (under the hood) and the pigtail to hook your brake controller into the truck's circuitry.

I may be wrong but I believe they quit this practice about the time they came out with the integrated brake controller as part of their towing package.