Hitch Height for 29RKS

Chris562

Can anyone provide some contact information at Heartland who can advise what the factory spec height for the hitch on a 2010 North Country 29RKS is? Thanks in advance.

jnbhobe

Chris; I would think you can call customer service or maybe Jim B may know who to call. Its pretty easy to figure out your self. Just level the trailer on a level pad, then measure the distance to the inside of the coupler.that will give you the ball height.Then make adjustments for your own setup,don't tow nose high watch your tire preasure,and bar adjustment. JON

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Hitch height on trailers like the North Country Sundance X and Northtrail is usually 22"-23" to the top of the ball when level. Small ultralites with 2" couplers are usually 15" to the top of the ball.

Chris562

I took the advice and called Heartland Customer Service. First off, it was really nice to speak to a real person upfront. Matt answered my question and it is 21 1/2 inches to the bottom of the ball socket. I measured mine and it was set at 24 inches so that was probably contributing to my severe sway I was having. Too much weight off the tongue. I was told in other forums to set it about 1 to 2 inches too low and then my WD bars would bring it back. I'm going to try that approach because I sure can't tow it the way it is.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
I took the advice and called Heartland Customer Service. First off, it was really nice to speak to a real person upfront. Matt answered my question and it is 21 1/2 inches to the bottom of the ball socket. I measured mine and it was set at 24 inches so that was probably contributing to my severe sway I was having. Too much weight off the tongue. I was told in other forums to set it about 1 to 2 inches too low and then my WD bars would bring it back. I'm going to try that approach because I sure can't tow it the way it is.

24" is waayyyyyyyyyy too high.

I have my hitch set at 21" to the top of the ball and it works well there for everything i tow. Get yours somewhere in the 20 - 21" range and I think you'll be happy with it.

rvcraven

chris, I have a 2008 29rks and have had severe sway problems from the start. Did adjusting your hitch to the 21 1/2" help stop your swaying problem?

jimtoo

Hi Randy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Follow directions with you WD hitch instructions and be level when hooked up and you should not have much of a sway.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

APT

Have a look at these instructions. In summary, park on even ground. Take measurements of both the tow vehicle front and rear and frame of the TT front and rear. Target of the TV should be that the front gets back to unloaded height and rear should be down maybe 2" from unloaded. The TT should be even to nose down 1".