Thoughts on folding Chairs

2010augusta

I bought a set of Lafuma style chairs at Dicks Sporting Goods, and after sitting in it for three minutes it broke:mad:. I am now looking for thoughts on good, easy to store, durable, large outdoor chairs. I am a rather large guy 6'4" and 260 lbs, but I know someone has to comfortable folding chair.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We bought 2 of the large folding lounge chairs from CW. They are comfortable but are heavy. We then went to Sam's and got 2 of the directors chairs with the side table attached, I like these better than the lounge chairs. Lounge chairs$114.00, Directors Chairs $15.00. Go figure.

Niles

We also have two of the lounge chairs from cw, the one I use is the wide load style, let you figure out why, it has held up very well. It is heavy though and when we visit with other campers we carry our bag chairs with us, not as com-fe but a lot easier to carry. When we bought the lounge chairs we took a motorcycle ride to Elkhart, we carried three of them back with us, we had a trailer behind us, two chairs inside one on top, redneck city.:D

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Here are a couple of chairs that many use.

This one at Cabelas has a 325 lb weight capacity.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0045956517648a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&No=18&Ntk=Products&QueryText=chair&sort=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

I like this one because it does not have legs that would go into the ground.
It has a 225 lb weight capacity.
http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=2126-302&categoryid=10010

There are a lot of lounge chairs but as said above most of the good ones are fairly heavy.

Uncle Rog

We have every style folding chair imagineable. We have chaise lounges and even one double set, loveseat so to speak. Our favorites came with my first RV. They are steel / chrome framed with fabric seat and back with springs keeping the tension. I have seen them at CW, pretty pricey, I would not pay that much for 'em. They are 20+ yrs old and still give good service. Our second favorites are McCabee folders, they are light easy to pack up and are sturdy as...........I have never paid more than $20-$30 for a decent chair..............

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
We've narrowed our excessive chair wardrobe down to 4 that we carry. Two Macabee folding director style and two newer director style with the side table. (Costco last spring for $18 I think. They look just like the Coleman) Both comfortable and lightweight. The newer ones are a little wider and the back slopes instead of straight up and down. Ray is over 200# and has had no problem. Easier to get in and out of as well because they sit higher.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
The ones that we purchased from Sam's are just like the Coleman ones and support me at 245 with no problem. The ones from CW that we bought are the wide load ones and if anyone is anywhere close to Harrison Tn, we would make them a heck of a deal if they wanted them.

phoenix50

I have had 2 Lafumas for four seasons now and find them comfortable and easy to store. Last year I contacted Lafuma because they were beginning to fade and they sent 2 replacement cover ans I only paid for shipping.

mdmddouglas

Anti-gravity chairs

We bought the anti-gravity chairs and really like them. Having said that, it does take a bit more space to pack four of them. We went through many sets of the folding "director-like" chairs that always tore or broke before buying these. They are especially nice for gazing up at the stars at night and the occasional afternoon nap. We caught a really good deal on them on Ebay from a store in Missouri.

Erma

The gravity chair, which is selling for 79-110 dollars in sporting good stores can be found at Big Lots for 48 dollars. They are very comfortable, airy and do not require a cushion. Lean back to your favorite position and violla! :D