2010 Bighorn Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

See the attached file for a summary of changes for the 2010 Model Year.

Jim

Attachments

• 2010_Bighorn_Changes.pdf
    41.2 KB · Views: 260

Pugshop

2010 BH 3055 Countertops

Quick question - the list of changes for 2010 shows a laminate countertop, not the solid surface which is shown in the brochure. We just ordered a 2010 BH 3055 which is scheduled to be delivered in early April. Please clarify on the countertop material - we were told they would be solid surface. Thanks!

ChopperBill

Dont know myself but I would welcome the change, Renee is always wiping off none existing smudge marks on our Corian! ;)

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Dont know myself but I would welcome the change, Renee is always wiping off none existing smudge marks on our Corian! ;)

You'll think that...when water gets under the laminate and the substrata swells up like a balloon...and it happens easier and more often than you would think. Especially, if the seams are not caulked properly.

That cr*p would be one of the first things I removed and replaced. Plus, no matter who makes it...I think it looks cheaper than h*ll.

Just another cost cutting move to allay increased prices on components.

2010augusta

Quick question - the list of changes for 2010 shows a laminate countertop, not the solid surface which is shown in the brochure. We just ordered a 2010 BH 3055 which is scheduled to be delivered in early April. Please clarify on the countertop material - we were told they would be solid surface. Thanks!

I believe the the kitchen counters are solid surface, but things like the desk and dresser are a laminate that "looks like" the solid surface.

jddugan

I believe Jim answered this same question previously in another thread. If memory serves correctly the kitchen counter and bath vanity tops are solid surface, the desk and bedroom chest tops are a new laminate.

2010augusta

yes here is a picture from heartland. Notice the waterfall edge on the bath vanity and the wood trim on the dresser edge.

Attachments

• 09_BH_3055_RL_bedroom.jpg
    09_BH_3055_RL_bedroom.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Pugshop

2010 Changes

Thanks to everyone for the responses - as long as the kitchen countertops and vanity are solid surface we are fine with the laminate in the other areas. We are so excited to get our new BH. The forums have been very helpful, as are all its members!

SmokeyBare

With the corrected Photo... if you load it in a separate tab...

IF you have a wheel on your mouse... you can right click on the photo... then roll the wheel on the mouse back and forth while you hold down the "Ctrl" key.

This should change the size of the Photo... so you can view the details better.

Marv

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
We have just gone from the "prospective owners" to real owners. Picked up our 3670rl today. It came out just as we ordered it from the factory. Had a few minor changes which bighorn took care of and did a great job.
Biggest change was doing away with the extra door (sliding) in the bath room to the bedroom. Had the factory wall this area up. Did away with the sky dome in the shower area (heat source). Put real wood doors on the two glass doors in the kitchen. Will now load our camping stuff into the rv on wednesday and try to go camping this weekend.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We have just gone from the "prospective owners" to real owners. Picked up our 3670rl today. It came out just as we ordered it from the factory. Had a few minor changes which bighorn took care of and did a great job....

LUCKY!!!:) I'm still waiting:( No word yet from my dealer on the productin date for my Landmark. Have fun this weekend "breaking her in!"

jbeletti

Congrats Kenny! I just had your club kit shipped from Elkhart and I just mailed your club ID card from Chicago.

When you say glass doors in the kitchen, do you mean cabinets that had glass inserts and instead, you had hardwood doors used? Which ones - the ones over the back window?

Jim

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Kenny, You must not be 6'4". I love my shower dome. I could not stand to be with out one. Literally.:D

anyways, congrats enjoy our new rig.

Kenny is a long way from being 6'4" as he is part of our camping group. DW and I are bummed that he got the 3670 before us but we had to buy a truck first as my poor Dodge gasser was not going to pull something like this, now we have an '08 F350 Dually. None

fpratt

I have purchased the 2010 BH 3600 RL and am expecting delivery this month. Following a number of searches I don't find many comments regarding the 3600 RL. Is anyone having any problems this this unit? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.