Trailair equaflex suspension

beardedone

Beardedone
Tonight I heard that Trailair makes a "wet kit" for the equaflex suspension so it can greased etc. Our Landmark came with this suspension system but could the factory advise if it would have had the "wet kit" on it, which may have been an extra option?

beardedone

Beardedone
Brought this topic back up as I didn't get any responses. As my Augusta came with Equa Flex suspension I am interested in the optional "wet bolt kit" and the value of adding it on so the system can be greased. Has anybody got it and what do you think of it?

jimtoo

Hi Gerry,
This being the weekend, if you don't get an answer by Tuesday, I would call customer service. 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

I would like to know also, if it is available as a kit so that I could change it out, as I have the EquaFlex on my Bighorn.Thanks
Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Gerry, it will be easy to tell if the shackle bolts have grease fittings in them. Look at the end of the springs where they attach to the frame. you will see a grease fitting in the end of the bolt. Bob:D

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I thought about getting wet bolts when I had my springs changed but decided against it. I'm kinda weird about buying stuff, as I look at the potential problems an item might have. Not only how good it is. The one thing that swayed me against them, is that the bolt is not dustproof, and if they have exposed grease it's just one more thing gather abrasive road dirt. I am not sure the benifit outweighs the couple bucks and the time and effort to do it. But I'm probably wrong annyway. :)
Peace
Dave